GB bites off more than they can chew!

by biblexaminer 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

The GB bit off more than they can chew. They promised that the NWT Revised would be available in so many languages by now, and they have failed miserably.

English stands alone. As a result, they are in damage control mode. They want to hide their failure.

In today's Washtower study, they have quite obviously sought to plant the seed, in the minds of the gullible, that the NWT is available in languages other than just English. To make it appear that their ongoing campaign of divine translation is finding success, they suggest that the NWT is available in Bulgaria. Read carefully.

GREAT APPRECIATION

13. What has been the response to the 2013 revision?

13 What has been the effect of this revised English New World Translation? Thousands of letters of appreciation have been received at the Brooklyn headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The comments of one sister reflect the feelings of many: “The Bible is a treasure chest brimming over with valuable jewels. To read Jehovah’s words clearly by using the 2013 revision can be compared to examining each jewel, admiring its many facets, clarity, color, and beauty. The Scriptures conveyed in simple language have helped me to become better acquainted with Jehovah, who is like a father with his arms around me while he reads his soothing words to me.”

14, 15. How has the New World Translation made a positive impact in languages other than English?

14 It is not just the revised English New World Translation that has had an impact. An elderly man from Sofia, Bulgaria, commented about the Bulgarian edition: “I have read the Bible for many years, but I have never read a translation that is easier to understand and that goes right to the heart.” Likewise, after receiving her copy of the complete New World Translation, an Albanian sister commented: “How beautiful God’s Word sounds in Albanian! What a privilege to have Jehovah speak to us in our own language!”

Excerpt From: WATCHTOWER. “The Watchtower, December 15, 2015.” Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. iBooks.

The quotes from Albania in today's Washtower come straight out of the 2007 Washtower concerning the release of the old NWT in Albania in 2006, ten years ago.

Why would an article extolling the virtues of the Revised Edition be quoting dividuals who were commenting on the OLD EDITION?

Can you say scam?

Source w07 11/1 pp 17-21

One elderly man from Sofia commented: “I have read the Bible for many years, but I have never read a translation that is easier to understand and that goes right to the heart.” Likewise, in Albania, after receiving her copy of the complete New World Translation inAlbanian, one local Witness commented: “How beautiful God’s Word sounds inAlbanian! What a privilege to have Jehovah speak to us in our own language!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Sorry, I accidentally hit dislike while trying to like it. I gave you a like too. Oops.

That just goes to show how much you can trust them. The parsing of words is shameful.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The 2015 article also claims:

In time, the revised New World Translation will be made available in more languages. Satan tries to block such efforts, but we trust that Jehovah wants to have all his people listen as he speaks to them in clear, understandable language.

Paranoid much?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Thanks for the information Biblexaminer.

It should come as no surprise by now that you can't believe the experiences and quotes in Watchtower's literature, but it still does.

If the original remarks (from the 11-1-07 W) are being dishonestly recycled to make them appear to be recent remarks praising the rNWT (in the 12-15-15 W), then how do we know the original remarks aren't lies too?

• millie210
    millie210

Wow. That is really a good catch bibleexaminer. I would never have caught that!

One of the things I love about reading here. Thank you for sharing it.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE
    They are awaiting the correct weather conditions [as provided exclusively by the Holy Spirit] in order to proceed -
  • brandnew
    brandnew

They always use just first names.....why dont they use ...first and last name, city, state, and congo. Oh and maybe a picture of the person being quoted. That would definetely ensure some kind of credibility. But just sayin "joe liked his new grey bible"......aint workin with me😂😂😂😂😂

Mad Puppy

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Didn't even notice this weasel-wording.

Par 2 states: "Let us see how these principles have been applied in the New World Translation, the 2013 revision as well as the non-English editions."

No one reading that would ever think that "non-English editions" is referring to the 1984 edition.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Just out of curiosity, how does one know what languages they have the RNWT in now? Do they even make it known since it apparently is just English? Do they put up estimated times for new releases or anything?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Agreed!!! This site is awesome. You pick-up and learn things otherwise you would never know happened. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit