Major Doctrinal Changes Must Be On The Way

by notsurewheretogo 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Notsurewheretogo Imagine a child needing a blood transfusion now to save their lives and the parents have just read that WT study article that the GB may get doctrines wrong. How can they obey them by refusing a blood transfusion when the GB MAY be wrong about their interpretation of the meaning of that scripture about blood?

You don't suppose those weasels are attempting to extricate themselves from potential lawsuits now that the Canadians are on to the pressure HLC's bring to bear on vulnerable patients. "Well they don't have to listen to us, we don't say we never get things wrong"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Notsurewheretogo - "...How can they obey them by refusing a blood transfusion when the GB MAY be wrong about their interpretation of the meaning of that scripture about blood?"

Nicely put.

You'd think that anyone with half a brain would choose to err on the side of caution, and make a choice to live.

Although, I suppose they'd argue that they are erring on the side of caution (to avoid pissing off their angry, Old Testament deity).

• Ding
    Ding

How will Jehovah make corrections given that He is not directing the GB?

A JW would say that Jehovah does direct the GB. It's just that they're only human so they make mistakes. No big deal.

Imagine a child needing a blood transfusion now to save their lives and the parents have just read that WT study article that the GB may get doctrines wrong. How can they obey them by refusing a blood transfusion when the GB MAY be wrong about their interpretation of the meaning of that scripture about blood?

Very logical, and I wish the admission would lead every JW to start thinking for themselves. But JWs almost never think in terms of specifics like this. The GB may be imperfect, but JWs think that they themselves are far more imperfect and that Jehovah doesn't want them to question what his faithful and discreet slave currently teaches. They think that the GB are refining things and correcting their misunderstandings more and more as Armageddon rapidly approaches.

A dub can turn round and say to an elder "Is it wise to obediently follow 100% what the GB says when they themselves admit they can be wrong in matters?"

How many JWs would ever say such a thing to an elder? That type of "independent thinking" is seen as satanic and invites a JC.

To say, in print, the GB can get it wrong means if anyone follows it blindly and obediently then it is just the same as other religions in that they are following men.

JWs will vigorously deny that they are following men. They will fall back on the basics they agree with -- no hellfire, no Trinity, no collection plates, neutrality, etc.

And to follow it blindly just adds to the fact it is indeed a cult.

That sums it up in a nutshell, and it explains why most of us on this forum parted company with "God's organization." Unfortunately, the vast majority of JWs don't or won't see it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Diogenesister - "You don't suppose those weasels are attempting to extricate themselves from potential lawsuits now that the Canadians are on to the pressure HLC's bring to bear on vulnerable patients?"

Gosh, never saw that coming.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

@Ding

A JW would say that Jehovah does direct the GB. It's just that they're only human so they make mistakes. No big deal.

Explain how that works? Jehovah DOES direct them but they don't listen? If they make mistakes even if Jehoover directs them then the result is still the same as if Jehoover were not directing them...ie the doctrines are wrong.

The GB cannot say they ARE directed by God yet get things wrong...that impiles God is getting it wrong.

If the GB get things wrong policy wise and doctrine wise just what is being "directed" by God then?

The cleaning rota?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The GB may have said in the past they are infallible but that doesn't reference doctrines...

never said "we can make mistakes"

You got it! And that is exactly what I posted in a previous thread.

The words "not infallibly" are buffered words that have no forceful impact on the mind. The word fallible means mistake error and the wt has been saying this all along using the words not infallible and imperfect. And linking them with TIMING. IN the referenced article the wt spells it out with no buffers and links it to doctrines

"Doctrinal changes ahead" I get the same impression and maybe I know a little more than you about it.

105 years of invisible rule?!!!!!!!! How about 300? Something must give within the next year or so, like the great tribulation or the wt doctrine of generation will not make sense. (ONly one example)

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I get the same impression and maybe I know a little more than you about it.

Eh? What do you mean?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

To me, it's the same old double speak....
    "We're imperfect...we make mistakes yet we are being directed by Jehovah ... we are his mouthpiece....we are being blessed....we are his faithful and discrete slave and he's chosen us to direct you, so even though we may misdirect you....you still need to obey us if you want to make it ".

What I want to know is why the February 2017 issue has been out since late October 2016 !

I can't remember, but is this earlier than normal ?

Did they need to get this statement out there earlier than normal as a reminder because something is pending?

If not, what's the purpose of putting the issues out, so far in advance?

• fizzle
    fizzle

I could see them altering the 144000 doctrine...

They will say... "The rest of Rvelation 7: 4 - 8 is symbolic ... This means that the actual number 144000 is also symbolic... Meaning that the actual specific number of anointed ones isn't known."

The R & F will wonder in amazement and think wow of course that all makes sense... How come I never noticed that in those verses myself!

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

Much ado about nothing here. This is not a new revelation and when this is studied at the sunday meeting, the uber dubs will be the ones doing all the answering and putting the positive spin on it. "They are imperfect and make mistakes but make not mistake about it, this is Jehovah's organization. The world is wicked and you can only find the true love and brotherhood here. Whatever these very humble servants of God mistaken on, be assured Jehovah will fix it in his due time"

Very nice answer sister pioneer, lets move on to paragraph 10.

Side conversation in the audience, "where are we going for lunch"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit