Major Doctrinal Changes Must Be On The Way

by notsurewheretogo 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

I can't keep up with the gb flip flopping ways anymore. It's like they don't even consult one another (much less scripture) before declaring their nutty proclamations.

I sincerely hope they'll get rid of the no blood laws because this is most likely to save real lives. However, I'm not holding my breath they'all do anything significant.

• poopie
    poopie

For the doctrines they are a changing

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

The statement by the GB stinks. I smell a red herring in the first part of the second sentence (in bold) coupled with a deflection technique.

The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction. In fact, the Watch Tower Publications Index includes the heading “Beliefs Clarified,” which lists adjustments in our Scriptural understanding since 1870.

I believe the real subject is a yet unknown or unpublished failure in relation to organizational direction. This is what the statement could really be about:

The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in . . . organizational direction.

The GB have never cared about changing doctrinal beliefs, nor in the flip-flops of Watchtower teachings. They do care about money and this has been evident the past year or so in their cutbacks in printing, grab for cash, selling of assets, seizing of kingdom halls, begging for donations, downsizing, and various money raising schemes.

This recent statement, if indeed about doctrinal errors, is serious enough to have warranted discussion at last month's Annual General Meeting but was not mentioned.

Something has changed in the past few weeks that the GB may have been hoping they could get away with or keep hidden, possibly to do with organizational directions they have given to the Watchtower corporations.

The February 2017 Watchtower statement, highlighted above, is also out of context with the paragraph, the subheading and the entire study article. It appears more like an afterthought designed to prepare for a future organizational direction failure of such a scale that the GB have no control over.

It is strange that the GB would allow organizational failures of the Watchtower to be placed at their feet and not at the feet of the recently reshuffled Watchtower board of directors. Let the finger pointing and blame shifting begin.

• Spiral
    Spiral

It would be pretty sad if they have to point at the ARC and the UK charity commission investigations as the beginning of persecuting "God's loyal ones" - given that the basis of the persecution is child abuse. I wouldn't call that fulfillment of "God's will" because it's just..... disgusting and creepy.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Seeing we are all having a go, i'll add my penny's worth.

There are only two doctrines that would effect the whole brotherhood; Christ's arrival in 1914 and the blood teaching. Who really cares these days if there is a literal 144,000 heavenly class or not. Its totally irreverent for the rank and file. No, without a doubt, dumping either 1914 or the blood ban would be a 1975 event. But like what has been mentioned in the past, its not going to cost the GB much by waiting for medical science to catch up and develop a proper blood substitute. And there could be hidden financial problems if the family of our 'martyrs' find a legal case to sue the organization for their loved one's deaths. However time marches on, its become more and more ridiculous holding on to the 1914 teaching. Now that GB have dumped Russel from the ranks of the 'Faithful and Discrete Slave', they have given themselves the authority to edit or remove his Adventist based 1914 ideas. We all know that it will have to done one day because its beginning to look really stupid as the years mount up since the 'Last Days' began. But when it happens, it will not be pretty.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I don't believe there is a major change on the horizon. The article is a triumph story about the GB. Holy Spirit, Angel help, God's approval etc. I think it is a clarification to the rank and file to set thinks straight about the past and not about the future!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Spiral - "It would be pretty sad if they have to point at the ARC and the UK charity commission investigations as the beginning of persecuting 'God's loyal ones' - given that the basis of the persecution is child abuse..."

Heh.

Yeah; good luck spinning an investigation for sex offenders as "persecution".

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I don't believe there is a major change on the horizon. The article is a triumph story about the GB. Holy Spirit, Angel help, God's approval etc. I think it is a clarification to the rank and file to set thinks straight about the past and not about the future!

And yet now when the GB reveals "new light" more than the usual dubs may now think "Is that right? Because they just said they can err in doctrine"

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

On the 1914 topic....

There is a precedent already for moving the Last Days and they love past precedent in this organization.

The original Last Days beginning date was 1799 and then moved to 1914. So this religion has already taken the liberty of allowing the entire Last Days to roll forward 115 years.

Since we are only 102 years into this round, I don't see 1914 being messed with anytime soon.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

It's CYA of some sort. I think JWLeaks made a good point that it could be an organizational change.

They are effing up everywhere so there's no telling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit