Cart work faces headwinds.

by lastmanstanding 68 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dagney
    Dagney

I just watched a youtube of Cedar's interviewing Fifth. I can't access the youtube link while I'm at work or I'd post it. Fifth is a really nice young man, out about 2 years. He gives an honest review of his cart and Metropolitan witnessing in San Francisco, and the lies the WT reports regarding the success.

I may have missed it if somebody already posted on here, but just getting somebody to talk, take literature and "agree" to further information is to count as "starting a Bible study." So when you see the claim of "over 8,xxx Bible studies started as a result of the cart work," this is how they do it.

Amazing success! NOT!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''So when you see the claim of "over 8,xxx Bible studies started as a result of the cart work," this is how they do it.

Amazing success! NOT!''

Manipulative propaganda in its finest form. Thankfully in the internet information age, people are much more savvy and less likely to be naïve enough to be influenced by such claims.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Lets face it folks the cart work is just a last ditch effort of a dying corporation like a drowning man grasping at straw to save him from drowning.

They need the JWs to man cart so as to keep them busy in theocratic interest(brainwashed). They have nothing to say even in defense of the corporation that rules their lives, this silence imposed on JWs and not answering people that approach their carts is going to back fire on the corporation big time. Ain't internet great!

I guess the faithful and discreet slave has run out of ideas for the delemas they face. Hey their are getting old and are just brainwashed groupies anyways, who's brains have been fried from corporation bull shit so what can you expect. Stupid delusional shit like cart work as if that is going to save the corporation's ass.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Beth Sarim - "Manipulative propaganda in its finest form."

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I was at the nursing home recently and have witnessed first hand how they are getting their BS (bible study) hours in. They are wheeling quite a few into the lunch room and have a study there, talk about a captive audience, more than half have dementia and others can't communicate well.

• LV101
    LV101

Nursing home WT cult studies -- a bit much. Those pioneers/publishers will resort to anything to boast about studies for prominence inside the cult. Poor nursing home residents - they should be enjoying themselves. The memory care my family member is in provides bowling - they stand (with assistance if needed) and swing their arm and play bingo - sing old classic songs. Some of them dance. WT invasion on the aged/weak is just a break for the caregivers to make them sit at a table and listen to crazy. They have regular ministers from real churches on Sundays who conduct services for residents who wish to participate.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Some of them dance. WT invasion on the aged/weak is just a break for the caregivers to make them sit at a table and listen to crazy. They have regular ministers from real churches on Sundays who conduct services for residents who wish to participate.''

It's all about those ''hours''. Those ''hours'' on a slip. They have resort to any form of 'preaching', to count those ''hours'', needed for a slip.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have said this on more than one occasion but I have wondered if the cart work makes the JWs more open to apostate or critical views. With the D2D work a simple DnC notification would allow publishers to skip that house. With the carts it’s harder to identify that person and a lot harder to get away from them in full public view.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The JDubs need special training to be a cart guard. Here is the outline: How to sip your coffee without making eye contact with people walking by. How to sit in a chair and properly cross your legs. How to hide your phone so that people can't see that you are on Facebook. When to start and stop counting your time. (You must touch the cart on the upper left side to clock in and touch it on the lower right side to clock out.) If more than 4 JDubs are standing by a cart the total hours must be multiplied by three and divided by four so that the hours spent in this life-saving work are not exaggerated. Do not overtalk to anyone with a question...you must point them to our website. This is the most important work being done on the face of the earth so only talk to someone if they approach you. Do not initiate any discussions...let God's holy spirit direct them to you to prove that they are one of God's sheep.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I have said this on more than one occasion but I have wondered if the cart work makes the JWs more open to apostate or critical views. With the D2D work a simple DnC notification would allow publishers to skip that house. With the carts it’s harder to identify that person and a lot harder to get away from them in full public view.''

Good observation. Those youtube videos of Stuart crashing those carts in Vancouver,BC. I mean every reaction the Dubs do to his crashings, will be put on the internet. So the Dubs standing at those carts have to be extremely careful for what they do or say, because it will go on youtube. No doubt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit