In Sydney, and ex jw gathering, with an apperance by Angus Stewart!

by nonjwspouse 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Pretty cool that two of our own made that all happen. It's cool to get to know people here and then watch them do good things.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Would have been nice if someone had let us know. Or was it “invite only”? Did Smiddy3 go?

It seems like a private party to me.

Just comes across as very elitist.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Diogenesister Would have been amazing to have met you if you were in attendance. I'm not sure who the man behind @Smiddy3's handle is - so he may well have rubbed shoulders with me without me even knowing it was him. The invitation was publicized prolifically across the Australian and New Zealand FB groups months in advance and the event invitations were extended unconditionally to all who RSVP'd to it. Many unfamiliar faces there who travelled far and wide across the country and Tasman Sea - all united by for the greater good: to spread awareness of WT's harmful practices.

Love to you all,

WHAM!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I know people that were there that aren't what one would call elite. Just because you didn't know doesn't make it elitist. It's amazing how personal people take this stuff as if somehow it was a personal attack on them.

Let's say it was private. That still doesn't make it elitist. It just means you don't know those people. I'm going to an Apostafest in August that I'm sure some don't know about. It's not elitist, it's just impossible to literally make sure that every ex-JW knows.

How does "I didn't know" become "it's everyone else's fault that I didn't know" become "you're elitist"? This is why we can't have nice things, lol.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi All,

I have just logged on, and seen this thread.

Thanks for all the comments and thoughts.

To clarify, this event was NOT hosted by, or funded by the "Truth about the Truth" documentary crew and Lloyd Evans. Neither was it a money making venture for Lloyd Evans.

This event was something Sherrie (unstuck here on the forum) and I arranged to coincide with the visit of a large group of international ex-jw activists. This variety of wonderful people all contribute to our greater community and help people reclaim their lives and live free of the FOG (Fear Obligation Guilt) that the JW religion has previously held us in.

We loved being able to extend the invitation to as many as possible. In fact, we blew out our numbers considerably in order to include many more - even at the very last minute.

Knowing that we could not literally have everyone there, we were able to have it livestreamed and later uploaded to the John Cedars channel so that all can share in it.

Please feel free to watch the entire program, and notice the wide variety of ones who spoke. Note their positivity and focus on showing unconditional love free of judgement.

It was indeed a positive day, that has accomplished its purpose to upbuild all, and empower everyone to live their best life. It was not about making people clones of one another, but rather to celebrate the joy of being individuals in our own right.

As one of our fellow loved forum members used to say here often too, the day emphasised that "the best revenge is to live a happy and successful life"

Also, that as we grow, we are determined to be "Better - not Bitter."

Thanks for supporting the efforts of all who were there, and all around the world who are in this journey together.

• blondie
    blondie

Wake Up, I guess I see it would be advantageous to sign up to some of the ex-jw FB boards in my own area. I will do this right now as well so I don't miss some interesting opportunities. Thanks for sharing the info.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I had a terrific time watching the livestream of this event and texting with other viewers. Seeing Angus was the best surprise ever! I felt so delighted to see him there. His work on the Australian Royal Commission was memorable for how serious his attitude was about the damage done to the survivors of child sexual abuse.

As well, it was quite therapeutic for me to watch him as he questioned the elders and gov-bod member Jackson, without any regard for their supposed holy spirit appointed rankings. Angus has so much self-control, listening to their stupid answers, he barely flicked an eyelash when I would have been throwing chairs. He is a total hero to me and many others.

Anyway, many thanks for the wonderful gathering of my fellow ex-jw's and the livestream.♥♥

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Good to hear it wasn't just a cleverly disguised Cedars LoveFest.

Also, gotta say, WMUBYJ, got me like:

https://i.redd.it/9glzj5i52bd11.gif

• Dagney
    Dagney

Congratulations on a great meetup!

You never forget those times you spent together sharing stories of this crazy life we have all experienced. The stories are all important from the barely exited to those out for years still trying to navigate life with family still in.

Cheers mates!! Perhaps our paths will cross some day!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ WakeMeUp...

Wow.

Who's the supermodel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit