In Sydney, and ex jw gathering, with an apperance by Angus Stewart!

by nonjwspouse 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonjwspouse
  • Biahi
    Biahi

I watched this, it was awesome! Angus Stewart’s appearance was very moving , to him also. He felt honored to be a part in it. I hope this man goes far in his profession! Even farther than he already is.

• zeb
    zeb

Thanks all. I needed a hanky.

• Listener
    Listener

He's an a outstanding gentleman. It was relayed back that he has approached the carts on occassions to express his concern. Apparently he was talking to a few of the guys at the gathering for an hour and a half. I really wish that they had caught that on video.

Contrast that with Loyd approaching the speaker towards the end and whispering a reminder to mention the contribution box for donations.

I hope to hear more about their interaction with Angus Stewart.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I remember him being interviewed on another XJW podcast a few months back.

He seemed genuinely embarrassed at the attention, but he was classy and gracious the whole time.

"I don't always pwn the Watchtower...

...but when I do, they stay pwned."

- The Most Interesting Man in Australia

:smirk:

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

@Listener: Can you message me and explain why a lot of people seem to dislike John Cedars so much? I haven't been awake to TTATT for very long, so I'm out of the loop.

P.S.: Anyone who can offer some insight feel free to message me.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

After all the of the latest public awareness of how religious institutions and non religoius institutions have been covering up incidences of pedophilia in their organizations, it should be now clear that there needs to be a world wide consortium established through local law mandates that " ALL" organizations be it religious or otherwise report any possible incidences of acts of pedophilia by its adjoined members to local law authorities.

The JWS would follow along with these established law(s) because they are doctrinal bound to obey man made worldly laws .

This would aid in resolving this problem for all concerned and benefit.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Finkelstein - "...the JWs would follow along with these established law(s) because they are doctrinal bound to obey man-made worldly laws..."

They'd only follow those laws at the barest minimum level, and look for as many possible loopholes and as much wiggle-room as possible in their "interpretation" of them.

Finkelstein - "......This would aid in resolving this problem for all concerned and benefit."

It wouldn't resolve the WTS's problem.

It might just bury them, though.

EDIT: It would, in retrospect, solve our problem. :smirk:

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yeah Lloyd Evans seems to have made a few enemies along the way. I think the issue that most take is that he makes a living out of it.

That been said his work has been hugely beneficial to the exjw community. He played a major role in my awakening. To be honest I actually have a lot of respect for the guy.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Listener: "Contrast that with Loyd approaching the speaker towards the end and whispering a reminder to mention the contribution box for donations."

Yes, @Listener. Donations. Aren't you wondering how a five star, fully catered event on the harbor hosting 134 guests with NO cover charge got funded? I'm glad Lloyd did have the voice to speak up on behalf of the two generous hosts who single-handedly foot the bill of the entire event themselves. You know who you are. ❤️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit