CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE

by Newly Enlightened 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

As I understand it, Ray and his wife both joined the Baptist Church, at some point near the last year or so of his life!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This thread mentioned that Jon Mitchell died years ago. Did he have children?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/245441/governing-body-secretary-time-ray-franz

• Jessica72
    Jessica72

Barnes and Nobles has the book. Delivery is free...

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

B&N has a coupon code for 15% off $50 dollars or more. I'm using it because I'm buying more than one for libraries. The code is:

VACAYREADS

• never a jw
    never a jw

In defense of the of the critics,

I feel bad that I made a comment suggesting that Mrs. Dykstra may have caved in to the Watchtower and decided to scrap any future publication of Ray Franz books. But in retrospect, I think many of us speculated because she was completely silent for a very long time; a simple two paragraph explanation could have put the speculation to rest, but she chose not to explain anything. So Slim and many others who speculated and question her motives should be given some slack.

I certainly am quite happy that "Crisis" is available again, but I can't help to wonder why she was completely silent for so long and decides to surprise everyone.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Why? She had other stuff on her plate. That book wasn't going anywhere. Her husband is gone forever.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

If you have a chance to read this, thank you with all my heart Deborah. I can't imagine the enormous pressure and stress you have had to deal with these past few years with your husband being so ill and then his painful death and the loneliness that followed.

You followed through like a trooper and saw Ray's book completed and put back on the shelf for everyone to benefit from. Reading his book is what woke me up. I am forever grateful to him and now you to help fellow naive ones wake up to WT lies also.

My sincere condolences in the death of your precious and beloved husband.

Hugs of sympathy and concern for you in your widowhood.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"Why? She had other stuff on her plate"

Yes, including the book. I am sure getting the book published took a great deal of effort and time, which leads me back to the same question. Was it that hard, given all the time invested in the book, to add a simple explanation for the delay?

Instead of an advance announcement, she surprises everyone: "here's the book, and let me tell you "I have suffered too much"". All of us are capable of empathy if we know what someone else is going through, but we didn't.

I smell a Christian, yes the Christian who wants to emulate Christ in the cross. My mother is exactly like that and most of the times I have to bite my tongue just like I am doing now.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

I would have watched the video but then I saw it was Mike & Kim so no thanks.

Thanks to all the posters for the links to Amazon etc. for the "official" copy of the book.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If Deborah Dykstra comes across the thread I want to apologise and wish her well. On reflection the points I made about the Trinitarian writer and delays were not important and could have been stated kinder, or not at all. In particular I never thought, or meant to imply, as never a jw took me as saying, that Deborah delayed to help Watchtower, which I always viewed as implausible and bizarre.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit