I want to ask her out...

by DanTheMan 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I think that women hate men! It's a notion I just can't shake.

Dan................not all women are like that. I have always LOVED men. I just love them.............they are so interesting, and great to talk to, hang out with and to know. And I married one!! And I have 3 adult sons that are amazing men. I LOVE them too. I have a terrific brother...............I love my father and my grandfather was a fantastic man. Etc. etc. etc.

It's sad your Mom was like that, but don't assume all women are like that ONE woman.

While we are on the subject, there are lots of men who hate women. In fact there is a book called "Men Who Hate Women and The Women Who Love Them" Maybe there is a similar book about women.

• larc
    larc

Hey Dan, there is nothing more sexy than a pretty woman wearing a Bengles helmet, and yes the Bengles will be in the play offs. Oh, by the way, if she responded to your Bengles comment, you are in like Flin.

• Xena
    Xena

Most women don't hate men, but it seems that quite a few have been hurt by men and are therefore a bit leary and as sens brought out we are just as afraid of rejection as ya'll are!

Look Dan she may or may not like you, there are no guarantees in life or love....you just take your shots and hope for the best...but if you never take a shot you may miss out on something really special...and wouldn't that be a shame?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Xena, I do plan on taking a shot tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

OK, I finished my midterm, went over it again and again waiting for her. I just about gave up but as I was packing my stuff to leave she finished. So I slowed way down. We got in the elevator, started talking, just small talk "How do you think you did/what are you majoring in/etc."

As we got out to the parking garage, I sprang it on her. "Do you think you'd like to do lunch sometime?"

She said she has a boyfriend.

I'm so bummed. I wish I had a picture of this girl to show you all, I can't even tell you how pretty she is...and very sweet too, she wants to be a social worker. I would have been way overachieving to land this girl, she is top quality all the way around so far as I can tell.

I'm glad I tried though. It wasn't as hard as I thought. Of course I'm thinking that she doesn't really have a boyfriend and she was just saying that because she doesn't want to go out, which certainly is a possibility, but I don't know that so I hope that she really does and wasn't grossed out by my asking her.

Thank you all for encouraging me, I may have never tried had you not.

Ce la vie (if that's how you spell it)

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Dan, its this type of thinking you've got to get a hold of and stop doing:

Of course I'm thinking that she doesn't really have a boyfriend and she was just saying that because she doesn't want to go out, which certainly is a possibility, but I don't know that so I hope that she really does and wasn't grossed out by my asking her.

You've got to stop being so hard on yourself and just accept things at face value and not "think" you know what is behind someone else's comment.

Be kind to yourself.

Hugs,

j2bf

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Dan the vast majority of guys do not have the courage to ask a pretty woman out. Way to go.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks Joy & Stacy.

Joy, even as recently as 6 months ago I would've never dreamed of trying with this girl, so I'm getting somewhere self-esteem-wise methinks. But as you well know, I have a very active and paranoid imagination that has not served me very well in life so far!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Dan, I am so proud of you. You did it!!! Next time will be so much easier.

She probably DOES have a boyfriend. Don't do that kind of self talk.

I'm Proud Of You

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks Mulan, I hope to strike again sometime soon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit