I want to ask her out...

by DanTheMan 124 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

There's a girl in my math class at Community College who...OMG she is such a hottie. A babe-alicious babe.

I am very inexperienced in these matters, I guess you could say I'm relationship challenged.

How do I approach her? What do I say to her? She seems to struggle a bit with the material we're covering in class, and it comes pretty easy to me. Maybe I could ask her if she wants to study sometime - ?

She has smiled at me a few times, but I have an unfortunate history of reading too much into what was only friendliness.

Did I mention that she's a hottie?

• think41self
    think41self

Go for it Dan.

Start out casual, ask her if she'd like to go for a coffee or something after class, then ask her if she'd like to study. If you'll just relax and be yourself...turn that Tom Cruise smile on her...you'll be fine.

Tracy

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Even though I've been in a number of relationships, I still consider myself relationship challenged. I have learned that clever "lines" don't work - not for me anyway. And if she's as hot as you say, she's probably heard all the lines anyway, and might prefer an open and honest approach. I would just tell her I find her attractive, and would she like to go out? The study approach is not bad, but I wouldn't waste too much time just studying before I expressed my interest. I've blown too many potential relationships by letting my shyness get the best of me, and causing me to act too slowly.

Walter

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

This song came to mind when I read your post.

Check yes or no

It started way back in third grade
    I used to sit beside Emmylou Hayes
    A pink dress, a matching bow, and her ponytail
    She kissed me on the school bus but told me not to tell
    Next day I chased her around the playground
    'Cross the monkey bars to the merry-go-round
    And Emmylou got caught passing me a note
    Before the teacher took it I read what she wrote

Do you love me do you want to be my friend
    And if you do
    Well then don't be afraid to take me by the hand
    If you want to
    I think this is how love goes
    Check yes or no

Now we're grown up and she's my wife
    Still like two kids with stars in our eyes
    Ain't much changed I still chase Emmylou
    Up and down the hall around the bed in our room
    Last night I took her out in a white limousine
    Twenty years together she still gets to me
    Can't believe it's been that long ago
    When we got started with just a little note

And if you do
    If you want to
    Check yes or no

And if you do
    If you want to
    Check yes or no
    Check yes or no
    Check yes or no

Ok i'll be serious. Why not just start a conversation with her and if you seem to get along well, just come out and ask her if she would like to go out for dinner sometime.

• Valis
    Valis

try the studious coffee approach...if that doesn't work tell her you are stalking here and won't quit till she goes out w/ you...*LOL* A sure winner..*LOL* J/K man...approch and ask if maybe you could buy her lunch sometime. Nice and easy like..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

think,

you haven't seen a great smile until you've seen this girl -

walter,

Yeah, I would use the study time to see if there is potential for a real date.

horses,

I've never heard that song. Dinner might be a bit too much considering how little I know her. I don't get much opportunity to talk to her in class.

I'm 33 and I can only think of one time that I've asked a girl to go out. Usually on the rare occasion that I do have a date, it has been them asking me out.

The last time I dated someone it was a disaster, and I still work with the b*tch, and the whole mess was a big crap on my confidence.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Valis from Dallas:

approch and ask if maybe you could buy her lunch sometime

But what if she says no??!! LOL

You know, this is something I've gotta do. I am so damn risk-averse that unless I change, 10 years from now I'm gonna be a 40-something single-never-married, I do not cherish that prospect.

• blondie
    blondie

Dan, just ask her if she would like to get a soda or a snack at a local eatery after school. Comment on something she has said in class or a common interest at school. I went out with one guy from my study group.

If she says, no, don't give up. Wait awhile and try again.

When my husband asked me out the first time, I said no....then later I could have kicked myself. I ended up asking him out the second time.

The question is what is your goal, to sleep with the hottie, or get to know the whole person?

Blondie

• Valis
    Valis

If she says no then you got a clue man...move on and try try again...practice makes perfect you know..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The question is what is your goal, to sleep with the hottie, or get to know the whole person?

c. all of the above

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit