HM Queen Elizabeth is dead.

by stan livedeath 53 Replies latest social current

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

And now all the fake virtue signalling will begin with the media, celebs and insincere nobodies in the street.

People that really don't give a damn.

sickening.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

She reigned for so long (70 years) that people kinda couldn't imagine her dying, or imagine life without her.

Well, nobody lives forever.

She died at 96, having spent 70 years putting duty above her selfish concerns.

I've never been interested in pomp and ceremony, but I had built up a respect for The Queen over the years.

Despite a life of privilege, she was old school - no feeling sorry for yourself, shut up and get on with it. And that, for me, made a refreshing change compared to today's generation of snowflakes.

RIP Elizabeth Regina.

• vienne
    vienne

Citizens of the UK should be happy that they're a constitutional monarchy. If Charles had the power of medieval kings had, the joint kingdoms that make up the UK would descent into silliness and poverty. Unless Charles spent his time fornicating and drunk.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

All I can say is thank god for streaming tv since the normal media is cancelled and replaced by insincere tributes and rehashed film of Royal tours .

Perhaps it was my dub upbringing that made me disinterested in the Royal Family. I sympathise with anybody that has lost a mother/grandmother, but she meant nothing to me.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    BB - Perhaps it was my dub upbringing that made me disinterested in the Royal Family. I sympathise with anybody that has lost a mother/grandmother, but she meant nothing to me.

I wondered the same. But then, I never knew her in person.

Yes. Any death is sad but I'm not PRETENDING to care on a personal basis like the virtue signalling hypocrites.

One minute the BBC are slamming Commonwealth and rulership, the next they pretend to be sad the Monarch of said Commonwealth has passed.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Why was BBC News reader Huw Edwards wearing a dark suit & black tie - hours earlier - when announcing that the Queen was "ill?"

He was applying one of the Operation London Bridge protocols for when she died.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Did anyone else notice? BBC News presenter Huw Edwards was wearing a dark suit and black tie several hours before Her Majesty's death was announced.

Diana had passed away hours before the BBC announced it. I was listening to French radio at about 2.am and they were saying she had died. I dashed into the front room, turned on the BBC on television and they were still saying she was in a stable condition🤪

I heard one of the talking heads yesterday on the BBC at the moment I think they may have been told(?). His voice dramatically changed,he got completely flustered and stopped making sense for a moment.....they were showing photos of the royals dashing up to Balmoral in a car. It took him a moment to compose himself. I found it pretty suspicious knowing what happened with Diana. I know the P.M., Opposition leader & the Speaker etc got messages yesterday morning about her - so they were told it was imminent at the very least.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"Any death is sad but I'm not PRETENDING to care on a personal basis like the virtue signalling hypocrites."

Who specifically do you have in mind with this statement?

• punkofnice
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I hope that she truly was the person that she is perceived to be, rather than the person she/they wanted us to see.

In the past, US presidents were stoic and all proper -- on the surface -- that was the person they wanted us to see. In reality, most were whoremongers, Nixon was a racist and out-cussed any "sailor". Well, what is there to say about Clinton that The Enquirer hasn't already said. The Bushes seemed to maintain the image. An insider said Barbara was a TRULY a wonderful lady. Obama cast the image (but we know he hid his smoking and possibly some other "interests".) And Trump, well I think it can be said that "What you see is what you get". (Like it or not.) Biden? Good candidate for an AARP commercial. And he does like to smell the hair of little girls. (But does he really know what he's doing?)

RIP Queen Elizabeth -- Charles will never fill those shoes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit