HM Queen Elizabeth is dead.

by stan livedeath 53 Replies latest social current

• St George of England
    St George of England

Currency with the various kings, George VI, V etc were in regular use up till the 1970's when new decimal currency was introduced. They will eventually produce new designs of currency to reflect the change, but the old stuff will continue until the end of its natural life.

George

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i am a few months older than King Charles--born in the same year--1948'

I can remember the Queens coronation..or more specifically--the street party held outside our house.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Gosh Stan, are we twins? That's the event that got TVs into the population. Edmund Hilary climbed Everest at about the same time.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I'm older than you two but cannot remember King George VI dying in 1952. I well remember watching the Coronation in 1953 on TV, a 12" B/W which we all crowded around and thought it was magical. My mother told me that the 'H' on certain people's chimney was to show they had a TV!

At school we received a Coronation New Testament plus a cup and saucer and also a mug.

George

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I found it amazing that Queen Elizabeth II welcomed in the past 15 Prime Ministers of the UK.

• waton
  • KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Such a sad time 😞

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Condolences to the family.

Lots of power in those little gloves, Canada, UK, Australia and a ton of other countries.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Don't know why it has affected me so much, but the news made me feel so sad.

I went out and bought myself a decent bottle of single highland malt to pay my respects..

R.I.P

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I remember when King George the V1 died I was 13 YO it was night time in Australia and I asked my dad "the king has died what`s gonna happen now ? He replied ",nothing will change don`t worry someone else will replace him life will go on the same as always."

I wouldn`t be a bit surprised if the Commonweath starts to disintegrate now that Charles has become king .

Queen Elizabeth11 , R.I.P. She was one of a kind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit