HM Queen Elizabeth is dead.

by stan livedeath 53 Replies latest social current

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Charles is really big on the great reset and the World Economic Forum, in tight with Klaus Schwab...

Ooof, that's not good. I tell you, these central planners never understand the effects of their hubris. Unless they do, then they are just plain evil. But given Simon's description of Charles as a "hypocritical sanctimonious muppet", it doesn't sound like evil in as much as it seems like ignorance driven hubris.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Now Trump can become king.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

Everyone is saying King Charles (if he keeps the name) has gone off the woke deep end.

Define the "woke deep end".

Also, you actually use the term "woke" in your sentences unironically?

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus
    Since this is the era of gender fluidity, we could save a lot of expense changing paper and engravings if only Charles would identify as the next Queen.
  • waton
    waton

and for the occasion the drooping of the colours:

Flags at Windsor Castle lowered to half-staff at Windsor Castle following Queen Elizabeth II's death on September 8.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@BettyHumpter:

The deep end of woke ideology.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The scene of the world us changing. (tm)

That said, the queen was popular and took her position seriously. I hope good for and from CharsrlesIII.

The radio had interviews from england. Criticism I thought unfair; homely, white( yellow pink actually), male, lineage, and has speech writers. !! This from a young professional woman who saw fit to abandon India for better opportunities arising from what she decries. I have never met an Indian immigrant from a low caste (it still exists), they have no opportunity. "If the shoe fits....."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

On Friday I was in another city and I noticed a couple of JWs at a cart, so I thought I’d challenge them on whether it’s correct to pray for the monarch. I went up to them and smiled and they said hello. It was an older sister in her 60s and a younger sister in her 20s. I asked if they have prayed for the new king. They said no. I said don’t you think we should pray for the new king. The older sister said no because she looks to Jesus as the king of God’s kingdom and we are taught to pray for God’s kingdom to come. I said but don’t you think we should pray for the king of the country as well? She said you can pray for anyone but he is a man just like everyone else. She said they are JWs, and asked do I believe in God. I said yes. Then I said, can I read you a scripture? She said, is it from the Bible? I said yes, and I’ve got it here ready because I spotted you earlier and looked it up. She said okay. I showed and read 1 Tim 2 from the NWT on the JW website, where it says we should pray “concerning kings”. Then I asked her, don’t you think we should pray for the king because of what it says in the Bible. She took a moment to think about it and then she said that scripture says we are to pray that the rulers will give us a peaceful life and not persecute us. It doesn’t say to pray for the king himself. I read the scripture again, and I had to admit that’s what it says, “so that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life“. I thought about it for a minute and said I thought that was a good answer. She said she was relieved that was a good answer. I didn’t know what else to say, so I smiled and turned and said bye. The way she said she was “relieved” I said it was a good answer, sounded a bit like she was being evaluated for a meeting part. I don’t know if she thought I was a JW “testing” her, an apostate, or just a member of the public who knows something about JWs.

When I approached them, I thought I was going to show the JWs something from the Bible that they didn’t know: that they should pray for the king. But in the end the sister gave a better understanding of the text than I had in mind. I think she’s right that the text doesn’t really advocate praying for the king as such. Later Christians who believed in the divine right of kings probably read the verse that way, but the first Christians probably understood it like JWs do, that they pray that the ruler allows them to practice their religion, not that they pray specifically for the king’s health or administration or anything like that. I was in the wrong and she was in the right. It made me realise that opinions are weak until they are tested by talking to those with another viewpoint. It also made me wonder what else JWs have got right that I have already dismissed in my own mind.

• waton
    waton

sbf: you should have followed with another scripture that " all authorities are put in their [relative] positions by God." including Charles the 3rd. and particularly Morris the third. surely

they both need all the help they can get. pray tell?

• carla
    carla

Slim, what about-

Romans 13:1-2

Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.

1 Peter 2:13

Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority,

Also, considering jw's think of the rest of the world and in particular leaders, kings, etc... as controlled by satan then they would be their 'enemy' correct? Doesn't Jesus tell people to pray for their 'enemies'. When jw's refuse to pray for leaders, kings, etc... as well as for apostates then clearly they are going against Jesus Himself, no?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit