HM Queen Elizabeth is dead.

by stan livedeath 53 Replies latest social current

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Everyone is saying King Charles (if he keeps the name) has gone off the woke deep end. Is that true? I wouldn't know - I really don't follow British royalty.

• Simon
    Simon

He's a hypocritical sanctimonious muppet.

Lacks judgement, almost to the same degree his brother does. Almost.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Currency with the various kings, George VI, V etc were in regular use up till the 1970's when new decimal currency was introduced. They will eventually produce new designs of currency to reflect the change, but the old stuff will continue until the end of its natural life.
    George

Yup. They will start to print new stamps but they will need Charles to sit for an effigy, which takes time. Money with the Queen's image will remain legal tender for some time I'd imagine. I remember seeing the odd coin with her father's head on as a kid.

Did you know Charles head will face left though? It's traditional that each succeeding monarch faces the opposite direction to the one prior.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Did you know Charles head will face left though? It's traditional that each succeeding monarch faces the opposite direction to the one prior.

Edward VIII intended on breaking this tradition and wanted his coins facing the same direction (left) as his father in order to show the part in his hair. The few sample coins minted showed this, but few coins showing his likeness were ever minted for circulation and those that were were melted down or kept in private collections.

George VI faced the same (left) as his father taking into account that his brother should have faced right.

• Gorb
    Gorb

End of an era.

G.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sad news of course.

It's going to get really annoying with Media, Big wigs and Celebs boo hooing insincerely and pontificating about what they think. I know what I think, I'm not interested in their thoughts.

I expect a glut of boring repeats on TV now. I'll be avoiding TV and Radio for the next 10 days. It'll be DVD's and Spotify for a while.

I'm not convinced Charles boy is the right person for the job. He seems a bit out of touch with the real world.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Charles is really big on the great reset and the World Economic Forum, in tight with Klaus Schwab...

Interesting times.

RB

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Did anyone else notice? BBC News presenter Huw Edwards was wearing a dark suit and black tie several hours before Her Majesty's death was announced.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, apparently politicians and the media were informed at 4.30pm and told to release the information at 6.30pm, which is why Nicholas Witchell said on the news to Huw Edwards: “it’s now six thirty” with stress in the time, and yet the BBC, for some reason, managed to make the statement a few minutes later than other news channels, at 6.35. So that’s why they were wearing black for two hours before the announcement.

Junior BBC journalist Yalda Hakim tweeted the news early, apparently by mistake, and it’s not clear whether the mistake was releasing the correct information too early, or bad information at the time.

When the queen actually died we may never know. The royal family will probably want to maintain that at least some of them were by her side in the afternoon, before she died, whether that is true or not.

I’ve heard that the statement that the queen was “comfortable” is a known euphemism for being sedated with morphine. So it seems likely the queen was unconscious since at least that morning, following a medical event such as a stroke or a heart attack.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I was watching a live stream of the Behavior channel and someone in the chat commented that the Queen had died, and this was at least an hour before the news broke. I don’t know how this person knew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit