• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Long live the king.

• joao
    joao

She was a great woman.

• Simon
    Simon

End of an era, she was a constant though many changing times.

• Simon
    Simon

Gonna have to print new stamps now.

• Ding
    Ding

Condolences to all who live in the UK or in the Commonwealth.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter
    "Gonna have to print new stamps now."

Money too. Does anyone know if they will make an effort to quickly replace the old currency with the new as soon as it arrives back to the banks from circulation or will it be over a few years as the worn notes are replaced?
  • Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

They've confirmed that Charles will take the regnal name of Charles III. William and Kate are due to become the Prince and Princess of Wales. Prince Edward will be made the Duke of Edinburgh.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Upon hearing of Queen Elizabeth's death, Joe Biden said it was a difficult time for him as he still harbored some resentment from the time he spent fighting in the Revolutionary War.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I tuned in to the meeting at 6.50 to see how the news, at 6.35, that the British monarch, Queen Elizabeth II had died, was received.

Ten minutes of chit chat by the 25 present on Zoom, no mention of the queen at all. The chairman begins the meeting at 7.00, no mention of the queen. The chairman says the opening prayer, no mention of the queen. The congregation sings song 10, which used to be song 100 with the lyrics “sing for joy! Sing a joyful song …” Those words are not in the new version, but they still spring immediately to my mind with that tune. The Bible reading mentions the Queen of Sheba.

While the meeting was in progress the announcement was made that the new king has taken the name Charles III.

Nobody at the meeting quoted or made reference to 1 Tim 2, which reads in the New World Translation (2013):

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made concerning all sorts of men, concerning kings and all those who are in high positions, so that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with complete godly devotion and seriousness. This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
  • road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I fear for the future of the royal family. Charles and I grew up together, separated only by language, a puddle, and a few million quid. I really thought the queen was going to outlive him.

Slim chance I will see William and Kate ascend. They seem to have couth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit