Memo shows Trump tried to end investigation in Feb.

by Coded Logic 134 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

MSM cheat sheet:

Obama leaks of secrets including those that put people at risk - OK, don't mention it.

Trump ... it doesn't matter what, it's bad, BAD and everyone should be SCREAMING!!!

Personally, I think we damn well should be talking with the Russians about ISIS and terrorism and the threats to airlines because both them and us are targeted in the same way and we're fighting the same enemy.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Personally, I think we damn well should be talking with the Russians about ISIS and terrorism and the threats to airlines because both them and us are targeted in the same way and we're fighting the same enemy.

I agree, the Russian boogie man thing has gotten insane. I don't think they are great, mostly because of Putin, but I also don't believe they are the epitome of evil, that would be ISIS...

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

So A memo shows Trump tried to end investigation and all hell breaks loose. Where is the memo that set off such a media shit storm? What? Nobody has seen it but it has been commented on by "credible sources" such as all these media outlets reporting on it? That's enough? No actual physical evidence to back anything up. No names mentioned?

Some of you left wing idiots need to come up with something better than this.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I'm not really sure what you're referring to.

But - for the simplicity of our discussion - let's assume that Obama did give away secrets. Let's assume because of it he got lot's and lot's of people killed. Let's assume that Obama was absolutely the most reckless, horrible, malicious, traitorous person to ever hold office . . .

Do you think that in anyway makes Trump's actions okay?

Surely you can think that Obama was a bad President and simultaneously be alarmed by what Trump has been up to. These are not mutually exclusive beliefs.

• Simon
    Simon
    Do you think that in anyway makes Trump's actions okay?

What actions specifically?

I'm not talking about people being outraged on CNN or dems declaring something they probably applauded 6 months ago as suddenly "the worst thing ever" because that's just a normal Wednesday.

What do you think he's done that is suddenly an impeachable offence?

Shared intelligence about terrorism with the Russians? Is that it?

We've yet to see any actual proof of something - all we have are unverified claims from "unnamed sources" (which probably means Hillary or Podesta). Nothing concrete, certainly nothing worthy of the hype going on.

The claims don't make complete sense to me - Comey seems like a boy-scout and should have reported such an incident if it did actually occur. Did he? Is that part of the claim or something missing from making the claims stand up?

Are you looking at things objectively or with a decision of guilt already decided based on politics. <- everything wrong with America.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Did I miss something? - everyone in the room said the Trump did not disclose classified info, and this is a big nothing burger. Not that it is a legal issue anyway. This sounds like more fake news from the left.

Isn't that why we have this thread? - quick, move on to the next fake scandal...

MMM

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The claims don't make complete sense to me

Rubio: "Has the dismissal of Mr. Comey in any way impeded, interrupted, stopped, or negatively impacted any of the work, any of the investigations or any ongoing projects at the Federal Bureau of Investigation?"

McCabe: "There has been no effort to impede our investigation to date."

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I'm not sure why you're using the "I" word as it's not an issue I raised. But no worries, allow me to be specific in my questions. And I hope you'll be specific in your answers.

Do you think it's okay for the White House to lie about why Comey was fired saying it was because of the investigation of Hillary?

Do you think it's okay for Trump to fire Comey because of the Russian investigation as he stated in his interview with Lester Holt?

Do you think it's okay for Trump to give Code Word secretes to a hostile country?

Do you think it's okay for Trump to jeopardize our intelligence relationships with Israel and potentially other allies?

Do you think it's okay for Trump to ask the Director of the FBI to end an investigation into his former National Security Director?

PS: "Okay" means ethically or instrumentally acceptable.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    What actions specifically?
    If the Republicans would put as much effort into this investigation as they did Bengazi, we might know. There were 44 staffers involved in the Senate investigation of Clinton versus 7 for Trump/Russia.

Chaffetz is only pursuing the investigation because it's no longer a liability to his immediate career.

I'm not saying the allegations are true, I'm saying that the effort to uncover the truth has been feeble at best, and when there seems to be some headway, things happen that slow down the investigation.

I may be partisan, but aside from some lip service criticism of Trump by the right-leaners, I certainly believe your comments prove you as partisan as any here. I'm just willing to admit that I am.

If, and I am saying if, half the allegations about Trump prove to be true, I'm sure you'll come up with some word salad to prove that you were totally bi-partisan, not favoring either side, only railing at the"fake"news from the MSM.

We shall see.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

You fool, you do realize people, Americans, died during Benghazi right?

False equivalence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit