Yesterday we bought our Very First Christmas Tree!

by cruzanheart 45 Replies latest jw friends

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

I just love Christmas too. I remember as a kid, when the parents told me we would not celebrate anymore, I cried my eyes out. (I should have known then not to get involved!) About 4 years ago, I got my first tree as an adult. OMG it was so fun. But the funny part was, I still had that "I hope no one sees me" feeling. Isn't that weird? But I got over it fast! I am positively gleeful about Christmas now!

• cat1759
    cat1759

Oh Cruzanheart, It is so magical. My grown children sit in awe when they look at the Christmas tree and our first Christmas was back in 1996. That first year my best friend decided we needed ornaments to commenorate the event. She brought ornaments and had them inscribed with each child's name and the date. It was the most amazing gift I have ever recieved and every year I put them up I remember the very first time. I am trying to work on rituals for Christmas this year as I have no idea as to what I am doing but I want something that they can pass on to their own children in due time. Have fun, like my dad once said to me, "Christmas is the prettiest time of the year because the lights are so beautiful." My dad was always drawn to the light and every year I make sure I have enough lights to please his spirit if he comes to do an impromtu spirit visit. It gets easier with every passing year. You start to realize that the thunder and lightning don't strick you dead. You start to feel a peacefulness inside. Cathy

• starfish422
    starfish422

I love Christmas decorating! :) This year we're having xmas dinner at our house for the first time! This year will will be ten years since I first celebrated. I'm happy to say that my son has never *not* celebrated Christmas. :)

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

First, Country_Woman, I love your ornaments-in-the-window idea and I'm figuring out where to do that in my house this year. Second, I would dearly love to contribute a special ornament to everyone celebrating Christmas this year. Since my computer doesn't allow me to send PMs (macintosh) I can't think of how to get addresses, so you'll have to imagine my ornament on your tree!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Nina: I have always been allergic to pine treesI can still remember the time in CA that I got so sick within 30 min of putting up the tree. My parents had to take it down and get a fake one....this did not make my siblings happy.

We have a fake tree and it looks real and like Calamity said you can leave it up longer. Thunder is pouting about putting it up now but we are trying to make a tradition of putting up on Thanksgiving Day. I hope my son will be here for Thanksgiving and Christmas

I can't wait to see grandbaby tear into her gifts

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

kgfreeperson,
    every window will do....
    sending PM's - I am working with a Macintosh too and I am able to send PM's - A month ago it was not possible, But Simon changed something and voila, I could send PM's.
    Try it once again.

Uploading files /pictures - no problem at all.
    But, add the picture to my post - not possible. For that I have to ask my daughter to do it with her computer.....
    It's still impossible to add emoticons to a post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit