Yesterday we bought our Very First Christmas Tree!

by cruzanheart 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yes, I love the smell of real trees but after watching Big Tex and Jackson sneeze their way through the piney woods on the way to Florida, I decided fake was better. And I'm not sure what the effect of a real tree IN the house would be on the dogs . . . .

Alamb, you have a PM!

Nina

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Cruz, that's way cool! I hope you have a great time with Christmas this year! It can be fun, can't it!!!!!!!

Valis, that's neat with what you're doing with your kids. My sister done that with her kids. They're grown now and she has all these wonderful ornaments from when they were little. She puts them on her tree every year! You're a good daddy!

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

That's great Nina! Have fun decorating.

I like the fake christmas trees because you get to have them up longer. I put ours up the first Sunday in December, watching one of my favourite christmas movies, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, after that's over I listen to my christmas cd's.

love

cj

• dobby
    dobby

Congratulations! You are going to have so much fun. We celebrated for the first time last year. I bought a lot of inexpensive ornaments last year and then bought some nice ornaments on clearance after Xmas was over. I am going to add to my collection each year.

We are taking the big plunge this year and are doing outdoor lights. We had a blast driving around neighborhoods at night last year looking at everyone's outdoor decorations. We would go out almost every night with a thermos of cocoa, cookies and Xmas music and check out the light show. My son loved it - he was so sad when the lights went bye-bye.

Check out Hallmark for a First Xmas ornament - they do something like this every year.

Have a merry christmas!

• franklin J
    franklin J

Nina,

Have fun with it!!

It really is lots of fun, especially for the kids!

Frank

• Special K
    Special K

Wow, Cruzenheart..

This is so exciting..

Your first tree.

The first tree I had for me and my kids who were 4 and 5 at the time.. I made it out of rolled newspapers and then pulled in up and cut down the edges.. We cut different coloured circles out of construction paper and glued it to our Newspaper Christmas tree.

my husband was still a J.W. at the time and I wanted to take into account his feelings. He was in the process of leaving the J.W.'s but was in that limbo state .. the dissonance tug of war.

It was fun..

Have fun Cruzanheart.. you deserve it.

sincerely

Special K

• simplesally
    simplesally

This will be our 2nd Xmas. But my mom is so excited, cuz last year we weren't sure what we were doing, just playing it by ear. So, this year, my mom is making stockings to hang and a quilt for my little girl's big bed!

Already started buying more ornaments!!!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Have fun Nina and family

We bought our first big tree last year and it was great fun decorating it, especially with things the kids made themselves. This year the lovely ornament you gave us in Florida will have pride of place. Thanks again.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

You are all so good for me!

Yesterday, my daughter was excitedly discussing where we are putting our Christmas tree this year. I was mentally groaning to myself about the hassle of getting all of our lovely decorations out and up. Somehow, with Christmas coming every year of my 47 years, it was feeling..........not quite so special.

I was turning into the Grinch.

Thank you, all of you, for reminding me that my family has the freedom to put up as many Christmas trees and decorations as we want, all over our house. To enjoy this really lovely holiday with family and friends. To celebrate Christmas and every other holiday, the way we want. To enjoy the gorgeous decorations, the special food, the Christmas carols, and the joy of sharing and exchanging gifts, and most of all the special family traditions we have developed.

Your excitement and joy is a good reminder to me to be grateful for the freedom I've had, to enjoy the happy Christmases every year of my life.

Merry Christmas, all of you, and enjoy your beautiful trees.

• Emma
    Emma

You'll love having a tree. I still get up at night during the season and turn the lights on just to make sure it's still there! Our first year, the tree was sparse with ornaments. I bought the plain, colored glass balls. They're inexpensive yet pretty. Now, I have a few of them left for memories, but everyone gets at least one new ornament each Christmas. We couldn't afford a beautiful tree topper that first year, so my daughter made a star out of yellow felt. Though I can now afford one, I just will never replace that yellow, felt star at the top of the tree.

Emma

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit