Yesterday we bought our Very First Christmas Tree!

by cruzanheart 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, actually, I did, but with the blessings of the family. It's fake (too many allergies in the house to risk a real one), pre-lit, and 7 feet tall. I think it's going to be gorgeous. I bought a tree skirt (I did a cheap one this year because I have a sneaking suspicion Miss Ladybug Basset is going to take a chew on it), and some ornaments, and then I suffered brain freeze. I figure we'll buy the other stuff (tinsel, etc.) as Christmas gets closer.

The clerk at Garden Ridge who helped me was tenderly amused that this was my FIRST Christmas, so I explained the situation and she very sweetly showed me around the department and gave me advice.

Hey, this is fun!

Nina

• think41self
    think41self

Hey Nina,

I remember our first Christmas just a few years ago...we were very hesitant at first, but still enjoyed it very much!

Now, with each year that passes....we're getting bolder and enjoying it even more. I now have a box marked XMAS Decorations that I put in the attic...and it is getting larger and larger by the year, as I keep adding to the stuff! The boys, even though they're teenagers, take the stuff out of the box and say things like...."Do you remember when Aunt Dana bought us this ornament?" So we are starting our very own memory boxes with happy Christmas memories. I love it! And I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we have!

Tracy

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey Nina,

While Claire and I had a few Christmases my two sons have NEVER celebrated it - so this year we're going to thoroughly enjoy it. It's their first tree http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/47295/935339/post.ashx#935339

Send me your address and I'll send you a card to place near the tree!!

Love,

Ian, Claire and Boys

• Gadget
    Gadget

Good for you! This is going to be my first christmas since leaving the jw's, and I'm still trying to make my mind up whether or not to put a tree or any decorations up.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Nina and Dansk,

Hope you and your families all have a WONDERFUL time at Christmas!!!!

• Panda
    Panda

WONDERFUL!!!!!! You'll want to go overboard on decorating to make up for lost holidays. By next year you'll be quilting a tree skirt which will be the envy of all your neighbors (but it's a good envy when it's for holiday deco).

By the New Year we all expect to see pics of the BassettHound dragging your tree skirt around the house ...HA! I can see it now.

Santa Panda Hugs the treepeople

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

I ordered a Tree from QVC, but it is on backorder-hopefully I will receive it soon. My only thing is that I still have family that are JW, and I am afraid to put the tree up! I have been inactive for about 3 years now, but I know if someone saw the decos, I would probably be in trouble. So, I am still trying to figure how I am going to do this. Any advice for me??

Thanks,

Vita

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((((((((((((cruzinheart family))))))))))))))))

How exciting!

This year Craig and I are going to do the same! It will be our first too and also our first anniversary! Lots of first and like you I feel all thumbs at it.........it will be fun figuring it all out with the one I love.

Wishing you and family a very merrry X-mas!

Love,

Kate and CraigHo Ho Ho

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thanks, everyone! I feel like a kid doing this for the first time! Dansk, you have a PM.

Love,

Nina

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Is it a Christmas Palm?

(Nina will understand this question.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit