Yesterday we bought our Very First Christmas Tree!

by cruzanheart 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I am afraid to put the tree up!..... So, I am still trying to figure how I am going to do this. Any advice for me??

Tell them you are celebrating Christmas retro... "JW 1920's" style (old light, when they used to put up trees).

• Valis
    Valis

Hey Nina...I always get my kids to make an ornament or two for the tree and each year I bring the previous ones out...its kind of like having an XMAS timeline for the kiddies. I know you will have a great time with it and including it into a new family tradition.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    The clerk at Garden Ridge who helped me waIs tenderly amused that this was my FIRST Christmas, so I explained the situation and she very sweetly showed me around the department and gave me advice

I don't really know why, but I got all teary when I read that part. I'm so happy for you and your family. Congradulations, and start making up your very own family traditions, something for your children to pass on to their children.

Lisa

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Nina and Dansk,

Hope you and your families all have a WONDERFUL time at Christmas!!!!

Sloan,

Thank you. Hope you and your family have a great time, also!

Nina, you have a pm.

Love,

Ian

• Simon
    Simon

Our kids really had a wonderful time last Christmas decorating the tree and thought it was fantastic. It really is a magical time of year for them.

Have fun guys !!

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Thanks Ian,

Me and Mini(my Cat) will make sure and do that!! Your boys will have a blast!! Merry Christmas Early!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ha! SFJ, I went traditional with a Monroe pine look. Maybe next year . . . Valis, the kids made ornaments last year and I saved them very carefully, just in case we were doing it this year. My boss says I need to get an ornament that says "First Christmas 2003" to commemorate the event, so I'm looking for one.

Nina

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG have lots of fun.

My first tree was one someone gave me in July. I was so excited I set it up right away.

We have worked on establishing certain traditions. One of my favorite is that every year we buy some new special ornaments for the tree. One for each member of the family. This way I am slowly replacing many of the cheaper ornaments with some very sentimental ones

Have fun and make it your own and don't feel guilty for one second

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Do enjoy your tree and everything that comes with celebrating.....

I had trees before - then 6 years nothing and now we are fully celebrating.

I always did'nt like it when we had to take the ornaments away - the room seems so bare afterwards.

Last year, I was'nt in the mood for a tree - but wanted "something" So I hang up 10 ornaments each at a little chain in front of the window, and left it there for the whole year....

It is to early here for buying trees, normaly we only start with a tree after 5 December (Sinterklaas).

• breal
    breal

Christmas trees are so beautiful and really get ya in the spirit!

A good way to get it decorated the first year is if you are having a xmas party anyway have a tree trimming party. Usually everyone who comes will bring a decoration (instead of usual bottle of wine etc) and it makes for a fantastic tree and wonderful memories in years to come.

Usually we buy one new ornament every year that is special too, like Lady Lee.

Cheers,

BReal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit