11/1/03 Watchtower: an open plea for more donations

by paterfamilias 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Nothing surprises me anymore. The WTBTs is a snare and a racket.

Welcome to the board paterfamilias. Cute name. You must be a fan of Oh Brother where Art thou! also! How many are you paterfamilias of? When you are comfortable, please share your story.

Hugs,

j2bf

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Yeah, welcome. This is really an interesting post and I'm glad you shared it with the rest of us.

• blondie
    blondie

These articles have been appearing for the last 20 years in the WTS. I never paid any attention because I had no money in any quantity to send to the WTS There is a booklet on planned giving that the WTS provides upon request so that you can work out your charitable giving in a way where you get a tax break and the WTS benefits.

My husband and I donate to several local charities that we are involved in knowing that individuals will benefit not an organization that publishes books and magazines.

Blondie

• shamus
    shamus

Blondie,

You don't donate to the Watchtower anymore?

I just sent in my recent cheque of 0.00 just yesterday!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Never have I seen the society so unashamedly extend its hands in search of more money.

I guess you musta missed the previous times, eh? The November 1st issue regularly carries such an article. Check your "Theocratic" library!!

• donkey
    donkey

When will they host Bingo Halls?

• sens
    sens

lmao donkey

3Sens4

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

I can donate my blood and sperm to the borg. Can I get a tax break for that?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

oxnard wrote: I guess a lot of this is due to the fact they want a new printing press with a $5 mil price tag. $5 million??? That is chump change for them; why mention it if only $5 million? The price tag for that printery addition at Walkill is>>>>>>>>>>> FIFTY MILLION .

• metatron
    metatron

while it is true that every Nov. Watchtower has begged for more money since about 1996, this one is a bit more urgent

because they coordinate this begging for cash with similar appeals in the KM for Nov. in demonstrations demanded

in which you tell the public about "the donation arrangement". I recall that further begging appeals are made in WTs

following the usual Nov 1 issue. Elders are reminded to look into Kingdom Hall ownership records in Nov., also.

They want more money, period.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit