11/1/03 Watchtower: an open plea for more donations

by paterfamilias 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• starfish422
    starfish422
    Jewelry or other valuables may be donated as well

Eek. Sort of reminds me of rich German families donating valuables, including jewellery, to finance Hitler's war efforts during WWII.

• unique1
    unique1

Charitable Planning Committee??? Perphaps when people turn down the magazines they can whip out a "America's Finest Chocolate" bar with the Pizza coupons on the back and offer those for a $1.

• unique1
    unique1
    The first thing that caught my attention when I walked in the door was three contribution boxes built on the wall. One was for local contributions, the second was for cash or check contributions to the WTS, and the third was a genuine credit card machine that accepted VISA, MasterCharge, and American Express for direct contributions to the WTS.

Surely you gest? Is this for real? I have never seen any credit machines in any halls. Then again I live in the south, we are behind the times.

NOS, you REALLY got disfellowshipped for a Poison Album? LOL!!! Which one? Look What the Cat Dragged In, what was I Want Action and Talk Dirty to me to much for them? God, that has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

• VM44
    VM44
    This brochure may be obtained by requesting a copy directly from the Charitable Planning Office.

WHAT??!!!!

This is the ONLY piece of literature they will mail out to people.

If you mail a letter requesting literature thru the mail, the Watchtower response is that publications are not available by mail, and that you must visit a local congregation to obtain what you want.

But....What the WATCHTOWER wants from you is your $$$$, so they will mail the contribution brochure directly to you!

--VM44

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Scam artists get more desperate, the closer they get to being exposed! A quick grab for cash before the ship sinks. This is typical human behaviour, even for the more civilized amongst us.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Wouldn't the Society then be able to monitor every purchase a JW makes? "I was disfellowshipped for buying a Poison album"

Frankly, I can't defend those who would purchase a poison album! Poison SHOULD be a disfellowshipping offence.

A Watchtower Credit Card? Maybe they'll get into online gambling, after "new light" reveals that as long as you are gambling with a credit card, it isn't real money and therefore isn't really gambling.

Or maybe they'll declare that filing for bankruptcy after maxing out your WT Credit is a diffing offence.

CZAR

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

We don't pass the collection plate.You pass the many contribution boxes in plain sight.I remember when we had an elder who use to watch the friends as they passed the collection,err,contribution boxes,to see who would put what in the boxes.

I'm surprised that they don't ask for your dead loved ones to give them their gold fillings ( jewelry ) and not let the gold be buried,or cremated with the body.Sound familiar.Disgusting!

Blueblades

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A Watchtower Credit Card... what a great idea. This will allow the JWs to get around the "buying and selling with the mark of the beast" problem. It will also allow the WTS to monitor any "unchrisitan" purchages and forward the information to the appropriate body of elders.

Hell, while we are at it, why not form a credit union with checking accounts and loans and other fun stuff!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I'm surprised that they don't ask for your dead loved ones to give them their gold fillings ( jewelry ) and not let the gold be buried,or cremated with the body.Sound familiar.Disgusting!

What a waste to put such valuables in a grave. How could one live with his conscience knowing that those valuables could have been used to further gawd's world wide preaching work?

I think we need to form a judicial committee and investigate this awful waste.

• sens
    sens

so thats why they cracked up when i got a tooth diamond...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit