11/1/03 Watchtower: an open plea for more donations

by paterfamilias 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Don't you know you could have used that money to further the World Wide Preaching Work instead of buying a useless rock and gluing it to your teeth in a pursuit of empty vanity?

Such a waste... such a waste.

But I like it!

• sens
    sens
    Don't you know you could have used that money to further the World Wide Preaching Work instead of buying a useless rock and gluing it to your teeth in a pursuit of empty vanity?

arh well tuff

But I like it!

Are you trying to stumble me bro elsewhere?

behave plz

• JT
    JT
    When I served in Bethel in the late 1980's I worked in the construction plumbing department and we had millions of dollars in equipment and supplies. And all the other departments (trucking,shipping,computer,etc) had millions of dollars in equipment as well. I started to wonder what am I doing here? Is this full time service to Jehovah or am I a receiving and shipping clerk in a million dollar industrial machine?

hey man i was in plumbing as well at the same time during the 80's email me [email protected]

• barry
    barry

When i went to the KH and studied with the JWs they allways said they didnt take up offerings like other churches. They were allways on about other churches asking for 10%.

Actually the church I go to askes for 10% and about 20% of members do give 10%.

The unfaireness is that while the WT is asking for money they discourage education .

The 10% church I go to encourages education and so the members for the most part can easily afford to contribute.

• Beans
    Beans

Send them Canadian Tire money!

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

One time I had a little extra cash, so I decided to donate it. The only problem was I couldn't decide if I should donate it to the WorldWide Work or the Kingdom Hall Fund. Then I realized it all goes to the same place and it doesn't relly matter, so I kept the money and bought a Black Sabbath CD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit