If you're expecting a mass exodus anytime soon, FORGET ABOUT IT!

by nowwhat? 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The main point is that on the jdub rank and file level in the U.S. they are still clueless and oblivious as to what's going on in other countries.

So true. Even when I say something to a JW about Australia or the U.K., they do not want to find out, they assume it's just propaganda from Satan's world, YADDA YADDA YADDA!!!

It is going to take a major news outlet in prime time For the word to get out about the pedophile cover up by the org.

Even that- there's been enough news by major sources to get all of California riled up, but it hasn't happened.
    News moves on, JW's assume it's overblown, or it's one person with a vengeance getting lawyers to settle things. It would have to be WAY BIGGER to get U.S. attention of JW's.

I have resigned myself to accept that Watchtower will only go away if it is financially crippled. And some members will still be stuck in cult mode asking, "Where do we go now?"
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Maybe you wernt around, nowwhat, but 60 minutes did a long segment 20 years ago on the abuse issue. Major news organization here in the states.... got so much attention that the org sent a letter to all congregations about it.... the org continued to grow.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "...Then the literature was gradually reduced, to the point where there's little left."

And from what my JW mom told me just this weekend, it's being reduced even further... like, quarterly issues or somesuch.

Or was this already reported?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    How did I miss this collapse denier thread? Actually I think just now is exactly the time to expect a mass exodus. We are at a major turning point.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

you didnnt miss this thread, you have simply forgotten about it amongst the volumes you have written to convince yourself of your delude view regarding the wt future. Please see page two of this topic for the begining of your dissertation.

since your here, oh slime one, should i add that last post to your many timelines? Your say NOW the collapse is happening? And when the 2018 stats hit and there is some small growth, what then? Will you finally give up the gloom and doom game?

I think not. You enjoy this Baghdad bob game of finding any stat or reason to believe your clearly wrong view. Its ok slim. It helps me pass slow days at work too....

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Isn't the point of having a forum is for people to spin their own little takes. No need to go to war with one another.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Allow me to quote myself, from 10 min ago:

Its ok slim. It helps me pass slow days at work too....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don’t consider this “going to war” we’re just having a discussion. And I’m curious how Morph will react in the months and years to come as the organisation continues to disintegrate. Probably say that’s what he expected all along!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Here's the part that I just don't get. I'm clearly in the "Borg's going to be around awhile" side of the debate. Do they have long term apathy issues that will need to be addressed? Yes. Do I think they will address those issues? Not in a meaningful way since their response is always to double down on their pressure. Will they continue to experience slow growth and likely shrink in a significant way in the decades to come? YES. Will JWs be around in some fashion long after I am dead? Yes. Maybe they will shrink to just a handful but all you need is a small hard core set of believers.

Yet, when I see these debates, I see slim taking multiple sides. Look at this thread. 1 hour slim says

Actually I think just now is exactly the time to expect a mass exodus. We are at a major turning point.

Literally, the next hour, he says this

And I’m curious how Morph will react in the months and years to come as the organisation continues to disintegrate.

This is what I'm not getting, which is it? Is the org going to have a mass exodus and collapse or simply disintegrate and slowly shrink.

Some of the treads today, slim is clearing stretching things to fit his view. Look we all do that from time to time, but today it seems a little more. Not trying to call you out slim but I face palmed a few times today.

For the record, one thing we all can agree on is that we would love to see an imminent demise!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Yet, when I see these debates, I see slim taking multiple sides. Look at this thread. 1 hour slim says
    Literally, the next hour, he says this
    This is what I'm not getting, which is it? Is the org going to have a mass exodus and collapse or simply disintegrate and slowly shrink.
    Actually I think just now is exactly the time to expect a mass exodus. We are at a major turning point.
    And I’m curious how Morph will react in the months and years to come as the organisation continues to disintegrate.

*boom*! DB drops the mike.

And of course slim, theres never a war between us, just feisty differences of opinion, much like the union and confederacy. I tease , of course ;) love ya slim. Even if your deluded

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit