If you're expecting a mass exodus anytime soon, FORGET ABOUT IT!

by nowwhat? 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Probably the best objective measures of JW growth are census results and both Canada and Australia show clear declines. If we had comparable data from other countries we would have a clearer picture of what is really happening.

Many countries in Europe are declining by Watchtower's own measurement too. Especially in Germany and Eastern Europe congregation numbers and publishers are down.

Even growth in Africa has not prevented worldwide figures dropping. JWs have not experienced such bad figures outside of the prophetic failures in 1914, 1925 and 1975. And never has such a drop lasted so long or looked so likely to continue and get worse.

The collapse deniers can continue for a while with their denials. But time and facts are not on their side.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I feel your pain, have to get to a meeting or 2 a month just to keep up appearances for now.

As for the Orgs collapse? Not a chance. It’s here to stay. Sadly....

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

It takes alot of effort to leave. You basically have to redo your life from scratch. Even if JWs know it's not true, they'll stay just out of complacency until they die. In fact, I'd say in general lots of folks are like that- especially as they get older.

There is no scandal/development that will create a mass exodus- i think that's a little delusional.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Slim: ...outside of the prophetic failures in 1914, 1925 and 1975

And did the WTS collapse then?

No, it didn't

It changed it spots but it didn't collapse in spite of losing (in the late 20s) over 75% of its membership. And it didn't collapse when it showed a decline in members after 1975

A slow down in growth (not an actual decline in reported numbers) in reported membership numbers does not translate as collapse

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    A slow down in growth (not an actual decline in reported numbers) in reported membership numbers does not translate as collapse

My god crow what does it take to convince you?? Slim has turned out the lights. Its over. Theres nothing else to say. The Org is gone already. We threw the closing party, cleaned up, and slept off the hang over. Try to keep up.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Morph: Try to keep up

Lol!

I am trying

I am of the opinion that even if the JW religion closed all their Kingdom Halls and just stuck to online content and broadcasts...that the Watch Tower Society would still exist

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    And did the WTS collapse then?

That’s a stupid argument, if I may say so. The WTS very nearly did collapse after 1925 in particular. The fact that they escaped on that ocassion, or other ocassions, does not make them invincible forever, no more than me avoiding dying on various ocassions in the past means I will never die in the future. The relevant facts are that religions decline and collapse all the time (I cited about a dozen examples) and all the evidence indicates JWs are set to follow.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

The thing that 'worries' me is the lack of enough 'espiritual food'. I mean it used to be a lot of magazines and books with varied information to keep the RF entertained. Now almost no magazines y almost no new books. It's like they slashed to much the writers department. Their message it's to much reiterative, like the ones on top just give up. Oversimplification could run people away too.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    That’s a stupid argument, if I may say so

You may say so but that doesn't make you right

The evidence indicates that the org has experienced far worse growth/membership decline in the past, not once...not twice...but at least three times

I would say that is fairly good evidence that the org has resources that keeps them from collapsing

In order to use other religions that have collapsed as examples, you would have to show that those same religions had the same resources as the org does. You can't do that. So your examples are wasted. Your sense of extrapolation is skewed

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Hehe this thread is heating up! I love a good slim bender!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit