Major congregational quake in Southern California

by Hecce 182 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce

flipper

A perfect "squeze play".

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

One way or the other, no individual JW was ever going to see any of the money again. Whether the WT forced it or just manipulated more gently, all the money has been going to the borg anyway. How many KHs ever had an active charitable arm? Whether for members or not? None. An individual may help out a friend, but that is where it has always ended. Congregations pay for the needs and even when I was in, decades ago, the extras got sent to NY. I honestly don't know why you all seem to think this is a new ploy. They are just demanding it now instead of quietly expecting it as their due.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    JWdaughter
    the extras got sent to NY

This is not an accurate statement, a congregation or circuit used to have in their account as much money as they wanted. They used to send an amount to the Branch determined by the congregation or circuit, in some instances they used to send a large amount of money as funds deposited or loaned and subject to reimbursement.

All of that has changed gradually and with regards to money there is no freedom of choice.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Expanding more on the last comment, before the RBC arrangement; KHs and AHs were started and managed by local brothers. It was a less expensive proposition and they were nicer than the "shoe box" model that is common today.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS seems to be cashing in on its held to real estate assets , selling where they can and cashing in, tells me they playing out the odds the organization might collapse so they are building up an insurance cash flow to sustain the money as it were.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Ultimately, the money always will be routed to the borg and always has. Before, it looked nicer, and you had a "choice" of donating extra funds to the borg, but I remember, whenever our hall had ANYTHING above a few months expenses, they voted to send it back east to the borg. Even before the KHs all "belonged" to the WTS, they ultimately did. Now, they just officially do. It's not like any congregation was dissolved and the funds got sent to save the children or the local dog rescue or homeless shelter.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    whenever our hall had ANYTHING above a few months expenses, they voted to send it back east to the borg

This was a situation that varied from place to place, some were doing it that way and others kept the funds; they had at that time the freedom of choice do to that.

• miss.ives01
    miss.ives01
    This organization is being hammered with child abuse lawsuits all over the world, and WT Society's credit rating has gone to shit with Bank of America who blackballed them for defaulting on construction loans, which probably means they cannot get credit with other major lenders now for construction. Which is another reason they've had to stop construction all over the world and send workers home- except of course not their upstate New York facility - that's priority where the " big boys " will live - so it's considered more important.

Flipper you posted this 2 months ago. I have to say I am shocked by the "bad credit" statement. I always assumed with the amount of money, assets and donations, that Wt. could accomplish any construction they wanted.

Could you please furnish any quotes, newspaper articles or such, to back up this statement.

I have a lot of doubts and concerns about the org. and I would be interested in pursuing this enquiry.

Thank you.

• miss.ives01
    miss.ives01

Not saying you've made all of this up. I know about the child abuse cases. The money trouble concerns me. I would like to share this with someone I know. Truly concerned.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

WT Society's credit rating has gone to shit with Bank of America who blackballed them for defaulting on construction loan

Could you please furnish any quotes, newspaper articles or such, to back up this statement.

haha, oh dear,

ergo...

they cannot get credit with other major lenders now for construction. Which is another reason they've had to stop construction all over the world and send workers home- except of course not their upstate New York facility - that's priority where the " big boys " will live - so it's considered more important.

ergo...

WT Society's credit rating has gone to shit with Bank of America who blackballed them for defaulting on construction loan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit