After watching A&E Leah Remini on Jehovah Witnesses I am going to stop hiding behind my Avatar

by Still Totally ADD 43 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Wing Commander nailed it in his response. Good for you David!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Ha ha on the live feed the first person who said they were leaving

Me: " we have a winner!"

LoL....coincidence, no?!

Wasn't Cliff AKA exjwfifth so brave and touching story. Also the story of martial arts trainer Robert who committed suicide, so tragic.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Nice to "officially" meet you David and Barbara!!

Love,

Sacha (aka stuckinarut2)

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Nice to meet you, Winners, I wish I could do the same. Maybe some day, maybe never, but we're still in this together.

* And BTW I do think there's a good chance there are more non-active than active JWs, if you count the loads who are disfellowshipped each year, faders/inactives and PIMOs like myself. If you count only those who are truly non-believers, like PIMOs and 'apostates', etc. then maybe not.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Congratulations on coming out. It takes bravery, but after losing so much already, you will feel so much better releasing that last bit of control Watchtower has over you.
  • StoneWall
    StoneWall

That has to be so liberating.
    So very happy for the both of you.
    The thing I'm still wondering though after reading that is with the last name "Winner" did you have fun with it growing up?
    Such as every time you lost a game saying something like ,I may have lost but I'm still a "Winner".
    Or flirting with the ladies and saying things like, if you're tired of dating losers,come to me and date a real "Winner".
    Inquiring minds want to know. :)

• Perry
    Perry

Congratulations Winners!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Stonewall the name was always a theme of jokes when I was a kid. Although in the 9th grade in gym class all the boys were broken up into 8 basketball teams and our team was called winners losers. We played a 6 game season and then playoffs. We won them all and got a trophy for it. It was one of my few good memories growing up. What makes me laugh now is how many who see the my name written on forms they will call me everything but Winner. So now when ask for my name I always say David Winner opposite of loser. I always get a laugh out of it. Still Totally ADD aka David

• new boy
    new boy

Good job taking your life back.

Keith Casarona

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I haven't finished watching the show, but I hope my JW mom watches it. She is 75 and 48 years a dub, I still think she will shun me if I am DF. Let them.

I outed myself long ago here....I remain....

Snakesinthetower (aka Richard Bailey....)

And ps to any local elders......and I know some of you lurk here.....

remember my promise if you EVER DF me while my mom is alive....good luck preaching in this town. Leave sleeping dogs lie. After she dies, I could care less. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit