After watching A&E Leah Remini on Jehovah Witnesses I am going to stop hiding behind my Avatar

by Still Totally ADD 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thank you Keith and Richard for your comments. Still Totally ADD aka David

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good for you!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Excellent production!

It came across as fair and balanced and NOT a "hate-fest". Everyone looked "good". I say that because many anti-JW YouTube videos and activist events are made by people (sincere and with good intentions) but with the personal appearance that makes it easy for a JW to criticize and ignore. Remember, JWs are all about appearances.

• flipper
    flipper

I thought the show was done really great. Very sincere, well thought out takes by everyone on the show. I know Cliff, his thoughts were really heartfelt and moving. All the ex-JW's did well. It really helped expose the WT Society and educate people who didn't know much about Jehovah's Witnesses. My longest term friend from high school and his wife watched it and was really shocked by the horror we all had to go through as young JW's being raised up in it. Some of us might not have experienced the suicides , however the shunning almost all of us have experienced- many times. I hope Leah & Mike do another special presentation in the future on the WT Society. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Bravo !!!!

• former2free
    former2free

Isn’t that what the watchtower wants you to do is hide? Doing that takes the humanity out of who we are and haven’t we had that stripped away long enough? We are humans with emotions and families and lives and everyone should be seen and heard especially coming out of an abuse high control group. We need to as the theme of this years convention says Be Courageous in standing up for what is true and showing real and true unconditional love. The more of us that do that the more who will wake up and can get real help. Dad, still totally ADD good job!!

Your Son,

James

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thank you jamie, DesirousofChange, flipper, sp74 and James. Now you all have 3 of the Winner family standing up against the cult. So happy to have our son back in our lives. Still Totally ADD aka David

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

I guess I need to weigh in on this thread as my husband and son are "out". David and I discussed posting our real names on this board after seeing the stories of XJWs on A&E last Tuesday. We said the time has come to step out of the shadows to become more active.

As flipper said it will help expose the Watchtower Society and educate people about Jehovah's Witnesses. With that in mind we are hosting two parties this weekend to view the film. While we have been talking to our friends about our background, it is so far removed from their life experiences that it is difficult for them to comprehend what a high control group like the Watchtower is really like. We hope this opens their eyes to a few things.

I think it is ironic that this year's convention theme was "Be Courageous". The governing body has built a compound in Walkill where they can hide. The rank and file no longer know how to witness as they stand behind a tablet or a cart. It is the children who are on the front lines as they are made to take a stand for the religion. So, who really are the courageous ones? As my son James said they are the ones like those on the program who fearlessly stand up for what is true and real.

Reopened Mind, aka, Barbara

• former2free
    former2free

As brought out on the show the GB is really doing a lot to help people wake up by their arrogance to broadcast such ridiculous things and tout it as being normal way to live when it goes against basic human nature. For example where Garret Losche said that Jehovah is more important than people. So that tells you to not have any empathy or compassion to humanity and to just peddle what they tell you. It’s really sad how they have come to grow and deceive people and they haven’t been outed yet like they should have been.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Aclostates" no more, huh? Well done.

I gotta say, you guys are braver than me... I'm not all the way there yet. (Mom's still in, but really old)

Can't help but wonder if this show is gonna help push a few more over the rubicon, too. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit