No more printing of WT and Awake in my country.. Shit just got real

by cognitivedizzy 121 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Strange for a country to refuse money coming in. I can see Russia doing this for political reasons as they view JWs as a meddlesome Amercian organisation. But Indian/US relations are good. Why would they turn away good money coming into their economy?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I don't get it, the Borg only cares about money going to them a would care less about giving money to the local branch.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

You do get it. That's exactly what has been and is happening. Send Brooklyn your money and take care of your own needs.

India does not want Christianity. They will pick off sects like Watchtower any way they can.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Shutting down the cash flow from Watchtower only affected JW India. What India has accomplished is not as far off from Russia as you might think.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Why would they turn away good money coming into their economy?

The majority are Hindu. They see Christianity as invasive and maybe divisive. They're probably ok with it growing organically, but don't want outside influence causing an abnormal growth. They may also be aware of the cult tactics and are looking to protect their citizens. Also, other than building, what would the WT actually contribute to the economy? Members are sending their money back to the org so it would end up as a net loss.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

RespectfulO, you took the words right out of my mouth. Watchtower would rather close up shop in India than perform any legitimate charitable works.

Besides, I doubt even if India still allowed foreign money in to help, the WTBT$ would rather use their donations to enlarge the swimming pool and tennis courts at Warwick than distribute their supposedly lifesaving message to a largely impoverished county. (not enough potential return on their investment.)

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    So then that means the chariot is in park in India. :)
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    IMHO, this is a long time overdue. There was/is very little interest in the mags. Only my elderly mother looked forward to the next issues. The magazines were stacked high in closets and basements all over the world. The importance of the WT's "flagship" magazines was only in the minds of the FDS & Co. Any business minded person could tell it was a tremendous waste of resources in the modern world.

Dagney-

I would agree with you save one thing. This is in India. They are still a developing nation. While I'm sure many have cellphones and even smart phones, there are undoubtedly many in rural areas that have no access to such things. The printed word would surely help those. It really shows the attitude of the WT to ignore such "lowly ones".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks girl next door that makes sense.

Even if the Watchtower can't send funds to India couldn't they send literature and Bibles free of charge?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i suppose the brothers there will just have to print their stuff off the internet. or--maybe this is just the next stage in the business model ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit