No more printing of WT and Awake in my country.. Shit just got real

by cognitivedizzy 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    I guess I can understand y u wouldn't want to share. Can't be very many of u there.
  • cognac
    cognac
    I've been saying they have to make a lot more cutbacks. This isn't surprising and by no means even close to the end of it....
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In some of the poorest countries , this is not surprising.

Unfortunately this puts more pressure onto people to buy their own tablet or computer and view or download the WTS or Aw. themselves.

Some people aren't comfortable with computers yet and the cost is also prohibitive as well. ie. ... Elderly ones

• Londo111
    Londo111

I believe we've foreseen this move for years. Perhaps it will occur sooner than later.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Half banana - "Wow! folks will have to start buying toilet paper again."

:smirk:

• Clambake
    Clambake

It would be super funny if all printing was outsourced to China.

• cognitivedizzy
    cognitivedizzy
    Legally in 2003 the govt banned foreign investment into religious institutions and since then we have been on our own..not a dollar allowed into India for religious reasons.. Now we just got owned...
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

This makes sense i think in light of the move to get a fixed amount of money per congo per month regardless of magazines. Now they don't have to depend on Jdubs to give donations based on the magazines they receive.They already get the money in exchange of nothing, so stopping the printing is another money saving move.

Expect this to extend to all countries soon.
  • Gayle
    Gayle

thx cognitive for your bravery at this time. Did this ban mean that no money can be sent into India from the Watchtower Society (New York). Does also mean JWs India Branch cannot send money out to the Watchtower Society (New York)? How many Bethelites in India Branch? And how many will be dismissed, now that no printing will be done there? Or, will there still be printing the leaflets there yet?

2014 Service Report shows 39,355 Avg. Pubs.

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar
    Can somebody get a copy of this letter that was read aloud at the meeting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit