No more printing of WT and Awake in my country.. Shit just got real

by cognitivedizzy 121 Replies latest jw friends

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

^^ Bearing in mind my above post, would anyone be able to ring the India branch and ask for a tour of the printing facilities?

I'd realy like to know how they would react.

If tours of the printing facilities were no longer available, that could confirm that this is true. ;)

927/1 Addevishwanathapura
    Rajanukunte
    BENGALURU-KAR 560 064
    INDIA
    +91 80-2309-2400

www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/offices/india/

• Richard_I
    Richard_I
    I just heard in a public talk today that the "printery in India is silent" - nothing is being printed in India at all now, no magazines, no nothing. Only in absolutely special cases are you able to get a magazine, which I guess means there is no literature at all in India? So are they just using jw.org for everything now over there?
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart

GOOD NEWS no point in me going there for a vaction then if there are no carts LOL

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

They are probably cutting costs due to all the law suits against them

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

So why was this braught out in a talk?

• Listener
    Listener

Will they start using the Brothers in India as a fine example of not needing printed material and getting by with online material?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

A bunch of poor people that can't afford a tablet going out to show videos to people that can't afford to ever buy one themselves. More spin, take the fact that thier not supporting these people anymore and make it look like thier doing so great with out the litature. I'm sure know ones being told that all the videos are probably in English so the people may not understand them either.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

A bunch of poor people that can't afford a tablet going out to show videos to people that can't afford to ever buy one themselves.

Cost / reward analysis.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It's estimated that only 10% of the Indian population speaks English, so with no longer any support from bethel there's a high likely hood that there will be no preaching or very little to non English speaking Indians and when there is the jws there will have to use old out dated copies of brochures etc.

This is proof in my opinion that the cult only cares for areas of the world where they can make a return on investment via money or real estate.

• Listener
    Listener

They are still on the JW org site as providing tours and with details of their printing work in India. There shouldn't be any reason why they don't continue to translate in that many Indic languages and provide it on JW org.

Tours
    Monday to Friday
    8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
    Duration 1.5 hours
    Highlights
    Translates Bible literature into 18 Indic languages. Prints publications in 24 Indic languages. Ships literature within India and to nine other countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit