by MissDaSilva 66 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

Sorry Phizzy . Duly noted .

Apologies Miss DaSilva

Jan from Tam

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

I’m with the others who said don’t be shunned by every JW in the world for the rest of your life if you don’t need to be. Far better to leave without being shunned forever

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MISS DA SILVA:

If you want to DA and have no friends in the JW religion or family members that mean anything to you, great!

Everybody’s circumstances are different. Most choose to ‘Fade’ because they want to maintain a relationship with people still in. But, things are different in the religion now and they will find themselves shunned anyway.

Years ago I decided to ‘Fade’ because I did not want any drama.. It was not about maintaining the few ‘friends’ I had. Thankfully, I had no family in the JWs and I worked.. In time, the few ‘friendships’ in the religion cooled off and have pretty much gone away.

This is no real loss because I have moved on myself and am realistic that in life you don’t necessarily remain friends with everybody you meet.. People move away, etc.. Maybe my Catholic/non-Witness upbringing along with my having worked has made me more down-to-earth in my outlook.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Tedd,, that's why "fading" is sometimes the best option. Actually in a lot of situations.

• jhine
    jhine

I get that maybe you don't want to lose contact with close family members, although it's actually their choice to shun you .

Is it so dreadful to lose contact and be shunned by JW " friends " ?

Jan from Tam

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I had a friend who DA (disassociated) about twenty years ago. The elders tried everything to stop that. But my friend was adamant.

Then about ten years ago they said to me they should have faded like me and not DA themselves because it would have caused such less hassle with all their JW family over the years.

Then a couple of years ago my friend suddenly decided to get reinstated.

I don't know how long they will last in the all new borg after being so cynical about the religion, the elders and the members of the congregation.

I guess what I have noticed is that things change, people change and you can never really know what is going to happen, or what's going on in someone's head - even if you think you know them very well...

Leaving the jw cult is not easy - it's damn hard - and the jw leadership have certainly made it that way.

• Elena
    Elena

We have woken up as well, it was the vaccine that did it for us. I wish we didn’t listen and follow that direction.

There are a few here who do not want to stay fully vaccinated but they just can’t consider the fact that the GB could be wrong about the vaccine so they keep getting their boosters

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JHINE:

You asked: “Is it so dreadful to lose contact and be shunned by JW ‘friends’?”

The answer to this would be ‘NO’ if you are a member of the rest of the human race who are not members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. In fact, you would say “Good Riddance” as I did. I was not raised a JW.

But, if you are somebody born and raised as a JW who had practically No contact with anybody outside the religion, you might feel differently. In fact, the thought would bring panic. You might be financially dependent because of working for JWs or living in their housing, etc.

Those of us who (thankfully) were not raised in the ‘world’ of JWs who were able to associate with anybody we wanted, went to schools, worked in secular jobs, celebrated holidays and generally felt we were part of society and the human race around us - cannot fathom what it would be like to be cut off from these ‘wonderful’ people!

• jhine
    jhine

LHG , l see your point. Time and again l have to remind myself that l just don't understand the mindset of the fully immersed rank and file .

To me me the loss of such fickle friends is no loss at all . Then l remember that people who shun think that they are doing it out of love .

It's just so screwed up .

Jan from Tam

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

To lose""fickle friends"",, is actually a good thing.

Happy New Year everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit