My decision.

by MissDaSilva 66 Replies latest jw friends

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

I’ve decided to disassociate from the JW organisation.

I cannot be part of a community that blatantly rejects the sacrifice of Jesus in that demonic memorial ritual. Amazing what information you find when you start researching.

I’m writing my letter and posting it to the Kingdom Hall this morning.

Feels so right. God bless you all. 🙏🎄🌺

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Congratulations to you!! I disassociated 5 years ago today also!!! Each of us have our own path to freedom, I am so happy you found yours 💗

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is good to get a resolution, to stop the "Hounding", and really although I advocate a "Fade" to most people at first, because D.Aing can be done later, the result is much the same.

We "faded" because we had close family still in, some have passed away now, but the remaining ones talk to us on occasion, but effectively they shun us in most ways, and of course we never hear from old J.W folk we lived among for many decades.

So, well done ! may you now put J.Wism behind you, if you need help with info. we are here for you, and JWFacts.com is an excellent resource. I advise researching anything that gives you fear, like the "Armageddon" nonsense for example. It is necessary not to just take yourself out of the religion, but to take the religion out of you.

All the Very Best to you and Yours for a Wonderful Free Future !

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i diss'd over 50 years ago--didnt believe in god--so all the rest was a waste of my time. Looking back a lot of it was laughable nonsense. The rest was seriously dangerous.

• jhine
    jhine

Miss DaSilva you sound like you do still have some religious belief. Is that correct?

Jan from Tam

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

I love God and accept Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.

That’s all I need. 🌺💖

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I hope everything works out for you MissDaSilva.

I have faded for many years. It always amuses me when I meet people I haven't met for a long time.

If it's an old worldly workmate, neighbour or schoolfriend they always start with something like: 'Hey it's great to see you - how are you?'

If I meet a jw I haven't seen for a few years they always skip the hello bit and begin with 'Do you still go to the meetings?'...

Uugh - creepy..🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Good decision. If some wants to know, Where will you go? Answer: I remain a follower of Christ and a worshipper of Jehovah. Nothing has changed.

John 6 is a good incentive to disassociate. It has some serious implications: "Accordingly Jesus said to them, Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves." (John 6:53 NWT) No room for spectators in this warning!

Another scripture I found helpful, is Rev. 7:1. When will the sealing of the 144,000 take place? This is clearly a future occurrence. The transition between chapters 6 & 7 of Revelation is introduced by the Greek phrase Καὶ μετὰτοῦτο (Rev. 7:1 Tischendorf’s New Testament, 8th edition; cf. NA28 footnote), “and after this,” “this” referring to the breaking of the sixth seal, specifically the kings of the earth and their followers, finding refuge in their underground shelters. This must still take place. So you are presumpteous to say the least if you view yourself as one of the 144,000.

Everything of the best with your new life.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

“I advise researching anything that gives you fear, like the "Armageddon" nonsense for example. It is necessary not to just take yourself out of the religion, but to take the religion out of you.“

I would say there is no need to fear anything with the 23 AGM update. You can place your bets after the horse race finishes.

May as well place your bets that JWs are wrong and if it turns out they were right you can change your bet once you are absolutely sure. We all know for sure that JWs are wrong but this just helps someone leaving if they still have a fear of Armageddon.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

MissDaSilva: I love God and accept Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.

The nice thing is that you can visit any number of Christian churches if you wish. Few of them will demand control over your life the way the WTS does. You'll be able to meet others and find new friends without the fear that you will have to build another fence around yourself. The WTS tries to instill a fear/hatred of all other denominations, which can make it difficult to try a new one. Don't let that stop you. Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit