My decision.

by MissDaSilva 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@jhine: don’t disagree with your comment about communion, but Paul also commented that they would do this at least weekly, if not daily. Nowhere does it indicate once a year at a special date.

• jhine
    jhine

Anony Mous

Yes that's right . So the Org is wrong on all points .

Jan from Tam

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

some recommend fading...and I think it good to have a plan in place...that being said, once I determined I had been duped, I really didn't want my name on their books so to speak...they collect money every month per those they consider a witness from the congregations. If you want to fade, you will have to keep it to yoursef inside the congregation,because once anyone gets a whiff of it, you will be called on.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

fading makes life easier for those that would otherwise shun you.

Are you OK with that ?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has written instructions available only to elders. The info could be there and it is possible to get a download from some ex-jws of that publication. I do know that the elders are required to call at least once a year inactive jws (not attending meetings, not turning in time situation. The CO would come 2x a year to visit a congregation and would check the cards of inactive to see who the elders had visited during that year. But elders can do what my husband, once an elder was told, drive by the house and see if you can catch them smoking outside and having holiday decorations up! Several elders in some congregations, took out the inactive cards, as well as the df'd and da'd before the CO came. https://jws-library.one/?file=data/Books/Shepherd+the+Flock+of+God/202004/202004_sfl_E.html#bookmark743

Each year prior to the special talk and Memorial, a special effort should be made to contact all inactive ones living in the congregation’s territory. If group overseers and their assistants need help, the service committee may ask other elders and qualified ministerial servants to work along with the group overseers. The brothers making such visits should be warm and upbuilding.

There is no formal arrangement to visit disfellowshipped or disassociated individuals each year. Rather, elders should use good judgment in determining whether and how to make brief contact with such ones. For example, if a disfellowshipped individual gives some evidence of changing his ways, an elder could provide him with a copy of the Return to Jehovah brochure and remind him of the steps he can take toward being reinstated. (Isa. 1:18; rj pp. 10-14) Such brief contact could be made while an elder engages in the house-to-house ministry. While shopping, an elder may see a disfellowshipped person who has not been contacted in years and choose to approach him. An elder may visit a dis-fellowshipped person at any time that is appropriate or even make contact by telephone.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

Stan “fading makes life easier for those that would otherwise shun you.

Are you OK with that ?”

This is the most important point. If someone hasn’t been in long and maybe don’t have many family or friends who are in then by all means decide to be shunned.

I suspect not many fit into this category and most will have friends or family who are still in that they would find it hard to be shunned by. If not now then I’m the future.

Why have this huge disadvantage of being shunned by every JW on earth when you don’t have to.

it’s far better to fade

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" it’s far better to fade ", for some yes. We did, for the family still in reason, but it brings no closure fro me. I have decided to stay the way I am for the future though, after so many years I see no advantage to us in Disassociating.

Miss da Silva has made her decision, but this Thread must be so helpful to J.W's contemplating their future moves.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

jhine, why does what Paul wrote matter? However, they at that time didn't have the stories so the memorial was their way of remembering and since Paul was a historian, he used the history that he knew.

Even then it only applied to the people of his day, those that were anointed with holy spirit.

• jhine
    jhine

What does it matter what Paul said ? Maybe because Paul definitely was anointed by God .

Rattigan where in the Bible is there anything to back that up. ?

Jan from Tam

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You and Top Rat have gone off Topic Jan, but I would like to see the conversation continued on its own Thread !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit