My decision.

by MissDaSilva 66 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Hello, and Welcome!

Congrats on your awakening and escape.

I too started to see things thru fresh eyes, and when someone (whom I took to the Memorial) pointed out to me that if you aren't partaking of the emblems, you are in essence REJECTING Jesus, it really hit me hard. Having been born-in, I'd never thought of it that way. It was kind of scary.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

I hope you absolutely thrive in your cult-free life! 🧡

• jhine
    jhine

Exactly Tonus . I don't know what part of the world you are in Miss DaSilva but wherever you are you will find Christians who are welcoming and will not try to take over your life .

Try a few different flavours and see which suits you best.

Jan from Tam

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

We were never instructed to observe the memorial.

Jesus only told the 11 that was there. They were the only ones who could keep doing that in remembrance of him because they were the only ones with memories of him.

None of us today have memories of Jesus. None of us walked and talked with him. We only know him because we read stories of him. So to remember him, we just reread the stories.

• jhine
    jhine

Rattigan read 1Corinthians 10: 16 . Paul wrote this to the Church in Corinth, not just the original 11 . It's obvious that the church in general took to celebrating the taking of bread and wine in Rememberance of Jesus's sacrifice for everyone. Paul was totally on board with this.

There are other verses which indicate that taking Communion was not limited to just the Apostles .

Jan from Tam

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Good luck MissDaSilva!

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

I hope you don’t regret the decision not to fade instead.

This thread can be a good lesson for others in the future.

Will there be situations in your future where you wish you were not shunned by some of your nicer family and friends who are still in?

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

Thank you so much for all your encouraging and helpful replies. I really appreciate it.

I’m going to visit a new church on Sunday which is an evangelical type that has lots going on and community outreach. It sounds so vibrant and joyful. It was recommended to me by a colleague.

I’m so excited about my new spiritual journey I’m embarking on.

Thank you again for all your support. You’ve given me hope and strength to escape the cult.

Love and light 💖🌅

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Jesus died for the world of mankind who believed, why would only the "anointed" have that privilege? The other sheep were part of the olive tree - anyone who believed, not just JW's. The Jewish people could be grafted back in to regain what they lost, the other sheep were the ones Jeremiah and Paul preached to - the nations, to give them a hope as well. (Hebrews.) So when the 11 were in the upper room with Jesus (Jews), and in the first century Jesus cast off the jews, did that level the field to allows the "nations" to partake of the memorial because they had become believers- called "Christians" (Antioch)?

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Congratulations Miss DaSilva- enjoy the rest of your life, so many things open up to you now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit