My decision.

by MissDaSilva 66 Replies latest jw friends

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Missdasilva has to be very careful not to influence anyone to getting shunned when they don’t have to.

Its a better option to leave where you don’t get shunned end of.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

carla- you wrote they weren't your real friends and you weren't a real friend to them, but rather use them. I couldn't agree more. To stay in and pretend is lying to people you say you are friends with. How does one be a friend and yet support others who are preaching lies and trying to draw others into this God dishonoring organization? Some can play the game...I couldn't. I have no one...I made the decision...but I can look in the mirror and know I am not a hypocrit. I wonder what toll it is really taking on the Pimo. Question for another discussion....

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think each person has to decide for themselves how to exit. I couldn't do PIMO, it would be too stressful to pretend. I'm not DF, but the last time I set foot in a KH (or any JW gathering) was around 2006. I wouldn't feel comfortable playing a part around people with whom I shared friendship and religious fellowship for so long.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TONUS OH:

I couldn’t do PIMO either. Instead, I abruptly stopped going.

The timing was right because of personal family reasons.. I then made a meeting here and there and the memorial for a couple of years and then stopped because I couldn’t stand even being in the same room with these people for a short time!

• jhine
    jhine

DoC l didn't mean to give Teddnzo grief . I was just making the point that shunning is working. So many people stay in because of the fear of being shunned.

Jan from Tam

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Maybe the bible thumpers on here can quote the chapter and verse in which the congregation is told not to eat with--or greet--an unrepentant wrongdoer who calls himself a brother ?

• jhine
    jhine

1Corinthians : 5 talks about how to deal with sinful Christians. However it means idolaters, adulterers, drunkards etc . People who habitually behave in such ways , not someone who slips and has a couple of sherrys too many then repents . Or someone who is tempted into a one night stand and repents .

The WT goes way beyond Biblical teaching.

Jan from Tam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit