My decision.

by MissDaSilva 66 Replies latest jw friends

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

There’s a “brief” elders meeting after the meeting tonight.

Oooh, wish I was a fly on the wall for that one. 😆

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Something else to consider about "partaking of the emblems:"

WatchTower claims it's only for the anointed Heavenly Class.

According to the Bible, they weren't any anointed UNTIL Pentacost. So the Apostles themselves weren't even anointed at the time of Jesus last supper.

Finally, he made it plain as day that, "anyone desiring everlasting life" should keep doing this. He didn't differentiate out a 2 class system for salvation.

This is what makes WatchTower a false prophet and a CULT.....they've clearly replaced Jesus on the throne with "The Faithful and Discreet Slave Class", now even abbreviated down to just "The Governing Body", which the old brown Reasoning book and even WatchTower magazines describe as "The Greater Moses". Only by being in affiliated and in good standing with THEM do you have any hope of being saved. (their twisted reasoning, not mine)

What a total "bait-n-switch", and also complete blasphemy!

Jesus said HE was the truth, the life, and the way. He was the mediator between mankind and Almighty God.

WatchTower claims THEY are the Great Crowd's mediator between mankind and Jesus. That is some twisted ass shit! Charlatans! False Prophets! Wolves in sheeps clothing. Oh, and protectors of pedophiles and drunkards. Pretty sure these clowns aren't going to be inheriting God's Kingdom.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Congratulations MissDaSilva!!

@ WC

The Faithful Slave certainly acts as if they are the mediator between the other sheep and Jehovah. I have not found quotations from the literature stating that directly but I keep looking though.

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

WingCommander - that is a fantastic explanation and very useful for me to reason in my head or share with others.

Thank you 🙏🌺

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

As Wing Commander said, they are self appointed brokers for Jesus, or just slimy middlemen.

RB

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They've totally replaced Jesus with the hijacking of the ""faithful and discreet slave" parade from Matt 24:45-47.

Its all about this " faithful slave" doctrine and equates blind obedience to now the governing body.

Spot on! Its about worshipping the gb!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Did I say "parade"?

Actually I meant ""parable"",, sorry.

• blondie
    blondie

The following is a section taken out of the article linked at the end of my words. The WTS has said that one cannot understand or have prayers heard by god without going through the Watchtower organization. The whole article is lengthy, but the author tries to show the history of this teaching from the beginning of the Watchtower organization self-proclaimed as the only one blessed as god as the only true one. https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/organization.php

"The concept of Jehovah having one single organization that he directs by means of a Governing Body is used to support the concept that being a Jehovah's Witness is essential for salvation. Though the Bible consistently says it is faith in Jesus that is important, Watchtower shifts attention to the Organization with statements such as "we must uphold the truth of that organization." (Watchtower 1961 May 1 p.276) The Governing Body uses this principle to set itself as a spiritual authority above the Bible, such as when stating:

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind." Watchtower 1967 Oct 1 p.587"

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

I also think it’s a mistake to get shunned. There is no need for it these days, it’s better to fade where you don’t get shunned.

weddings, funerals or any other situation where you run into a witness will be far easier

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Fading"",,usually the less traumatic way of leaving the Borg.

Not as devastating to family,, friends & what nit.

But,, it does take planning & hard work.

Shunning people these days,,,yes totally unacceptable. Especially over something as pity and trivial over a change of religious views.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit