Remember the Revelation book?

by wozza 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wozza
    wozza

I recall when it was released ,that's when I was a drone, how excited I felt at the prospect of reading it and formulating ways to sell it at the homes in my area.

I thought, finally a book to explain the last book in the bible and indeed one that the churches seemed to want to leave alone!

I sold quite a few probably because of my enthusiasm and can still remember clearly the first day when I went knocking on doors with it ,and it's been decades since.

But over time it lost it's shine and my mind started to question the explanations in it due to the scene of other things being changed in the JW beliefs.

Do you remember they flogged that book so many times in the book studies even when it was found to have "newer light " eclipsing it!

Who else remembers the printed pages with the official corrections to insert into the book ,so many that the book collapsed to be of no relevance anymore really.....what an embarrassment!

Hell and don't get me started on that other "BOMBSHELL" er bucket of lies the CREATION book.

• RolRod
    RolRod

I remember when it first came out ... being a Watchtower history buff I just laughed when I read it. Then they updated it to hide errors and false teachings.

I remember in the early 90s we studied that book like 3 or 4 times. When it was announced at the Service Meeting I let out a huge groan, "not again!" LOL

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

If you were born in the early 1980’s, you would have studied that book twice as a JW child.

It was also drilled into your head that the anointed were ageing and shrinking in number so Armageddon must be close.

Combine the imagery of something like the Revelation book with the doomsday mentality, it’s no wonder this cult doesn’t have many mentally stable members left, they’ve been ruined

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If you were born in the early 1980’s, you would have studied that book twice as a JW child.

2+2=5

Yes, I remember it well.

If you were born in the 50's or 60's, you would have studied the predecessor of the Revelation book, Babylon the Great Has Fallen, God's Kingdom Rules.

I think we did that thing 4 times if I recall. I don't know how I sat for an hour as a kid. When they announced it at the Service Meeting, you could see the peoples' eyes open and give a forced smile like they were discretely trying to pass a small fart but realized it wasn't really a fart.

Rub a Dub

• hoser
    hoser

It’s funny to hear about selling the books. That ended in the early 90s if I remember correctly. I think we sold those large hard cover books for a suggested retail price contribution of $4.00

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The revelation book (...Grand Climax) was beautiful to look at. The illustrations were stunning. They really wrapped a turd in tinsel with that one. The explanation of the 7 trumpets being conventions in the 1920's really was comical. They lost a lot of credibility from that alone in my opinion

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

About 2007-8 it was studied again, but the WTS had produced lots of edits.

Publishers kept their old books, and just printed new paragraphs on paper and stickered them into the book

This crazy book combined with the bullshit editing contributed to me waking up, so it’s a good book in that sense, highlights the JW crazy

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

And every time that you mentioned that book in conversation with JW's , eyes would roll, shoulders would shrug and the finish would be a shake of the head with their hands flying up in frustration.

Either that or their eyes would glaze over. No one wanted to even think about it. The WT did a good job on making Revelation GC a confusing mystery to keep their doctrine alive.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

was that the thick red one ?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Remembering them giving wrong answers because of using older version.

Jw.org used fake news en confusion long ago to keep Jo Plumber ehh Publisher busy.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit