Famous last words spoken by every jdub at one time or another

by nowwhat? 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I used to work with a brother about 25 years ago. Every year he would say, " I cant see us making it past another year", and " If this system is still around". He would say it almost weekly, mind you i worked with him for many years, and saw him almost every day.

Well, we parted ways about 20 years ago, but still have very minor business dealings here and there. I sat down with him about 2 years ago to go over a little business arrangement, and he still, after 20 something years, had the balls to say, " If we are still in this system by this time next year".

I looked at him and said, " Really? you are STILL saying that". I then chuckled a bit, to make light of it, but i think i still got my point across.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

"I live in a SPIRITUAL paradise."

... spoken by the person just before everyone he's ever known as a Jehovah's Witness shuns or marks him for some self-righteous, petty reason that would make no sense to anyone else on planet earth who had an ounce of fairness in their heart.

---

"What do you need a college education for? What good will it do you in the new system of things, if you get there at all chasing material riches?"

... spoken by the guy who has now broken his back working as a janitor for 40 years living in a one room apartment with no medical or dental health care whatsoever and no money in the bank for retirement.

----

"I married a SPIRITUAL MAN / WOMAN and not for superficial reasons."

... spoken by the person just before marrying into a loveless, sexless, joyless endurance test of a marriage.

• amicabl
    amicabl

Ex Navy petty officer turned special pioneer/ elder who “brought me in” saying to me in about September 1975.....Things just can’t get any worse, they Can’t!” My wife and I in our four year old marriage were doing quite well financially in the 70s. Should have woken up then.

Also the reference about those that died taking the easy way by sleeping car into the new system.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

"This is my Armageddon car" (1983 Chevy Cavalier. footnote, burned up by carburetor misadjustment in 1992) ha ha, by a mechanic brother who worked for peanuts .

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I am part of the AAA (available after Armageddon)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Back in the mid 1980s we had a ''relatively new'' 1979 chevy caprice station wagon. LOL, that was ''the vehicle" that was going to get us through to Armageddon. A ''hardly broken'' in vehicle that was going to 'pull us through'.

Well come winter 1987, it got totalled. LOL, but I don't know how many cars since. LOL, countless vehicles. More than 3 decades on now!!!

• freddo
    freddo

In a recent platform prayer from a 75 year old elder who has been a witness for 50 years and who pioneered forever despite having five kids AND every one of them is OUT (hooray) AND his WIFE is inactive but still lives with him AND he spends all his available time stood next to a BLOODY trolley STILL pioneering ...

"Blah blah ... Jehovah we are so grateful you have provided the Faithful and discreet slave to help us see where we are in the stream of time so close to this systems end ... Blah, blah."

• snugglebunny
  • flipper
    flipper

Bad weather happens or some crime in the news and you hear JW's say ," you know what THAT means don't you ? We're getting really close to the end ! "

If I had a dollar for every JW I've heard that said that- I'd be a millionaire by now. Sheesh

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Every JW who said the end would come in their lifetime eventually reaches the point where they find themselves saying;

"It's still coming. Even if I don't live to see the end I'll be there in the Paradise."

Or words to that effect.

They ALL end up rationalising their disappointment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit