Famous last words spoken by every jdub at one time or another

by nowwhat? 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The only reason the end hasn't come already is because Jehovah is lovingly extending it so that everyone gets a chance to hear the truth.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The closing talk at the District Summer Convention in 1974, "Will there be conventions next year? We will just have to wait and see what happens."

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

"We'll take the 25 year longest term mortgage Honey, we'll never finishing paying it, armageddon will be here long before then". My Dad to my Mum, April 1964.

• tiki
    tiki

Hah...I remember one self righteous pioneer who I invited over for dinner responding that she was way too busy...we'd have to wait and get together in the new world. Of course her real reason was that she couldn't stand me.

She died before she turned 40....Sad enough....she would be 68 now.

• tiki
    tiki

It's okay to rack up major credit card debt...you'll never have to pay it because the great trib will wipe it all out anyway....

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

So many saved nothing for old age. My old PO, is apparently suffering all the way to the grave.

He saved nothing. He sold his house to burn the equity. He had to have a major surgery that he was sure he wouldn’t survive, but unfortunately for him, he did. He has had to go back to work as an old man, now, after major surgery. He looks like crap.

Just prior to his surgery, he gave a talk in our hall. During the talk, which included some stuff about the last days yada yada, he said that there would be those, like himself, who wouldn’t make it till Armageddon.

What a sad little man, up there on the stage, looking old and beaten and poor and sick, convinced he was going to die. He had himself half imbombed, ready for the box.

But he lived. But he’s sad, so sad. He has to drag his post-operative sick ass out of bed every day till he dies so he can get his meager portion of dog food and pay the rent on the hole he lives in. My wife says he “looked yellow”.

There are others who are just as much a pitiable slog, dragging themselves along the gutter in their groveling existence. It must be horrible, absolutely horrible, to be in that state.

• DesirousOfChange
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep. "It's great to see how Jehovah patiently holds off Armageddon to help more people survive"

What I didn't think about when I said that was the MILLIONS OF PEOPLE that were born each year that now need to be destroyed by the "loving" God Jehovah at the big A!

So in reality, the longer Armageddon delays, the MORE people God gets to kill in his bloodthirsty day of genocide!

• blownaway
    blownaway

One of my Wifes old JW family friends showed up and you could tell she was bursting to talk about the cult to get us to go back. She worked in this old system sure can go on much longer. I had to bite my tongue you mean since 1874?

• jdash
    jdash

"Keep on the watch!" "Don't give up!"

When at the door "No collection plate is passed"

"We will be in the new system by then"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit