The currently missing 'Titan' submarine. What do you think?

by SydBarrett 65 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Oxygen ran out today according to news. Tragedies are easy to find. Remember, you can be disfellowshipped for taking a submarine ride.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"Just more casulties of wokeness. The CEO wanted to be "inspirational" and "50 year old white guys" aren't so he didn't hire them."

Try again. The CEO was a big time Republican donor and general shiatty person. More like, he didn't want to pay experienced 55 year old engineers what they were asking and they didn't want to take a ride in his suicide tube.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

They just found a debris field near the Titanic. This is likely the wreckage. This is now a recovery mission.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Although these men had paid $250,000.00 to be passengers on here, my question is this==> Didn’t they survey the mini-sub BEFORE they paid their fee?

Also, within surveying the vehicle, they can check to see if it was: (a) Comfortable [to sit or see if there is enough legroom for each passenger], (b) Suitable Restroom Facilities [in the event that Nature calls, they can–without discomfort and embarrassment–manage themselves in this area], (c) Food and Beverage [ensure that there is a substantial amount of these on hand for the duration of the trip], and (d) Look Out Area [more than the small window provided for all paying travelers to actually view the R.M.S.].

IMPHO, this corporation more than likely GYPPED these people! Besides these 4 folks diving in a proverbial “sardine can” with a small timeframe for oxygen allowance, it seems as if something happened–and it has undoubtedly happened–A REAL RESCUE CONTINGENCY PLAN to be put into full effect force. The CEO, regardless of NDAs or some other contracts signed by the now victims–will be looking forward to being litigated by someone’s family members/loved ones in the nearest future! Just. My. Observations.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, they found a rear hatch cover and landing frame.

This is now a recovery mission.

I don't think there's going to be anything to recover though.

The more you read, the more unsafe it was. You'd have to be a fool to trust your life to those people, they seemed to want to cut corners when it came to safety.

Apparently one employee raised safety concerns and they fired and sued them to prevent them revealing anything. Always a sign of a company putting safety first, right?

• Simon
    Simon
    my question is this==> Didn’t they survey the mini-sub BEFORE they paid their fee?

Just because someone is rich, doesn't mean they are wise or sensible.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Just because someone is rich, doesn't mean they are wise or sensible

To Simon==> I TOTALLY agree with you! In fact, I discovered this interesting (if you can call it that) tidbit earlier today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1461368.stm

Speaking about people who are very foolish!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

my question is this==> Didn’t they survey the mini-sub BEFORE they paid their fee?

People are foolish in different areas such as for their weaknesses but wise in other things. These unfortunate souls were blinded by their desire and excitement for this adventure: “Like a bull is led to the slaughter and a bird hastens to its very trap.” They made up their minds that they wanted to go and they did not want to carefully think about the risks and perils. Sad.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

HiddlesWife: The CEO, regardless of NDAs or some other contracts signed by the now victims–will be looking forward to being litigated by someone’s family members/loved ones in the nearest future! Just. My. Observations.

Wasn't the CEO one of the passengers on this trip?

• Simon
    Simon

It's easy to tell someone "sorry, we have to get you to sign these waiver forms, just legal make us, but we have a 100% safety record" and there's a good chance that YOU will also have signed something similar at some time in your life for some event, though likely far less risky.

It's all about waving away your rights and their obligations to really make you safe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit