Playing The Hand You Are Dealt

by jst2laws 72 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Jst-

I guess it's just easier said than done. . . .

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

minimus said:

They'd rather close their eyes and WAIT. If they can just wait it out. Just tough it out for a little while longer....People just DON'T want the TRUTH! When some of these folks finally leave the organization, they are FORCED to confront EVERYTHING. They are no longer able to remain in their so-called protective bubble. So they get confused and angry and they don't know how to cope.

OH GEEZ man that sums up the past two years of pulling my head out from the JW sand and taking a long hard look at my life & realizing how STOOOPID I've been when I thought I was so damn smart and holy.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

SP,

Jst-

I guess it's just easier said than done. . . .

It is nothing more than a "said", unless one makes it a "done".

Steve

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

bttt- I know that some folks only have the opportunity to see the board during the week and it was 8 pages back already- didn't want anyone to miss this. This is one of the finest threads I've ever read on this board !!!!

Thank you Steve for starting this thread!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This is an excellent thread, with especially lucid points from Steve, Hillary and Six (someone exchanged their pointy hat for a mortar board ).

• joelbear
    joelbear

Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself for having been a Witness, Mitch reminds me that the best revenge is living good, which we do.

• sens
    sens
    the best revenge is living good

Very True

• franklin J
    franklin J

keep that good, positive mental attitude. Take your wife out for a walk and together enjoy a beautiful day. Thank goodness you are both still together.

I hear you loud and clear, and I agree with your philosophy of playing the hand you are dealt. After having been raised as a JW, surrounded by Elders, pioneers, etc.

I left my pioneering position to go to college to study Architecture. It was hell. But I survived and made a life for myself; married; 3 kids. But I owe it all to positive mental attitude . It has been 25 years since I left JWs. I just discovered this support group website and think it is great for all of us to encourage each other to "get on with our lives" and enjoy them for what they are, or more importantly, what we will make of them.

keep that chin up!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Welcome Franklin J!!

• Prisca
    Prisca
    The void will always be there but it's affect on your life is bound to decrease.

YOU have some aces in your hand, SP. Just focus on your hand instead of worrying about other players you might feel are trying to get you to fold.

I can relate to this void, since I have lost both parents.

My mother died when I was 11. There will always be a void in my life because of that.

My father kicked me out his life when I was 18, and I have been shunned by him ever since. It has caused another void in my life. He is now 78, so his time on this earth is limited, so in a short period of time I will become an orphan.

Once inevitable and unchangable voids like this occur, you have two choices: Either "deal with it" by accepting the loss and getting on with life, or focus your energies on dwelling on the past or "what could have been".

I've chosen the former, and I'm much happier for it. Sure, it doesn't take the pain of abandonment away, but it does lessen it, plus you learn to appreciate what you have, rather than what you don't have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit