2017 Annual Meeting

by Jules Saturn 130 Replies latest social current

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I honestly don't think there's some end game escape scenario master plan. The GB know they're liers but also sincerely believe it at the same time. They're on a mad course and will try their darnedest no matter how far they go, never admitting defeat and hanging on to whatever believers they can. The religion will probably never go away, just change.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@OnTheWayOut @neat blue dog

I'm fearful of a Jonestown type thing occuring

• suavojr
    suavojr

Jules,

The Jonestown scenario will not happen at the moment. The problem will be if they try to force people to do things that will create persecution and death. Self-fulfilling prophecy is the danger that Jdubs face!!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Despite what I said was most likely, I do think that a Jamestown scenario is technically feasible for a large percentage (but not most) JWs.

• sir82
    sir82

They all remarked how much they hate feeling obligated to read new mags all the time and were glad that obligation was being removed.

LOL. All 96 pages a year? And 50% of those pages white space?

Yeah, I can see how that would be taxing for an idiot.

Now it's down to 48 pages of Awake per year.

Maybe by the time we hit 2020 Awake will be down to a 2 page folding tract with nothing but pictures of pandas.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I was at a social event last night with elder hubby, sitting beside an elder and pioneer from his cong. My husband, bless his heart, tried to get a "wasn't that a wonderful annual meeting" conversation going with them, encouragingly asking the pioneer, "And what did you think was interesting/exciting/wonderful?"

You know what she liked the best? The fact that there were only going to be six mags a year now! Such a wonderful blessing from Jehovah...

Hubby purposefully avoided my eye because he can read my thoughts.

• watson
    watson

Going digital makes things a lot simpler. Less cost, and much easier re-writing of history.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

What's with those big-ass eyeballs on GB Lett as he was giving his part??

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Jules Saturn2 days ago2 days ago
    A very popular reaction I'm getting is that these changes show how fast the "chariot is moving" and I've heard the whole fear doom message again. With the cutbacks of the publications, that eventually the preaching work will soon come to an end, so now is the time to decide whether to "get in or stay out"

Well if 8 million is all Jehovah can manage ( and with all the Pimo's that's debatable) that's a sorry state of affairs.

With the bar being set that high I don't hold out much hope for the dubs, who are just about managing to white knuckle it for a human lifespan, during the millennium. Remember,too, all these older, overweight dubs are gonna be in their prime and full of hormones....for 1000 years!!!

Given the recent drawings of the 'new world order'- showing dubs holding Watchtower studies 24/7 - are You telling me that bunch of reprobates are gonna manage to stay off the 'fun side' for 1000 years ??!!

• obarac
    obarac

Its strange that nobody recorded AM and put in youtube ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit