The US CDC reckons Australia is a level four risk even if you are vaccinated..
can't get the link to work. Here is a paste of the edict.
Key Information for Travelers to Australia
- Avoid travel to Australia.
- If you must travel to Australia, make sure you are fully vaccinated before travel.
- Because of the current situation in Australia, even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.
- Travelers should follow recommendations or requirements in Australia, including wearing a mask and staying 6 feet apart from others.
- Level 4 Travel Health Notices may be determined by level of COVID-19 in the destination or other special considerations.
Level 4: Very High
Level 3: High
Level 2: Moderate
Level 1: Low
Learn more about COVID-19 levels.
See all COVID-19 travel notices.
Do not travel internationally until you are fully vaccinated. Getting vaccinated is still the best way to protect yourself from severe disease, slow the spread of COVID-19, and reduce the number of new variants. CDC encourages you get a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose if you are eligible. People who are not fully vaccinated should follow additional recommendations before, during, and after travel.