Tennis Controversy in Australia

by smiddy3 80 Replies latest social physical

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Australian Federal Court upholds decision to cancel Novak Djokovich's visa. The End.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I already explained the lies surrounding the unvaccinated in hospitals.

Currently in the US approximately 10% of the hospitalizations are due to COVID, if 50% of these are unvaccinated, that would indicate in states like California and New York (where the majority of hospitalizations are) there would be more people in hospitals than there is population, as those states are nearing 97% vaccination and estimated 99% total immunity, especially amongst the vulnerable populations.

Unvaccinated simply means you did not comply with all of the government mandates on a timely basis. You could be vaccinated or have natural immunity and still be considered unvaccinated because your booster was more than 3 months ago.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Vidqun,

Did you actually read that article which you posted from Science magazine?

The conclusion which that team of researchers reached is quite different from yours, as is shown by their summary (Quoted below in full, but with italics added).

While noting that the COVID-19 vaccines were less effective at preventing infection from the Delta variant, these remain highly effective in preventing death amongst those infected. Also - and most noteworthy - these researchers state that their findings support the conclusion that, to quote vaccines remain the most important tool to prevent infection and death.

This is rather different from the point of view that you are presenting, and it seems rather strange that you are quoting this report to support your case? (This research team certainly did not draw the conclusion that COVID-19 vaccines are totally ineffective and not worth the while).

In summary, although vaccination remains protective against SARS-CoV-2 infection, protection waned as the Delta variant emerged in the U.S., and this decline did not differ by age. The Janssen vaccine showed the greatest decline in VE-I. Breakthrough infections were not benign as vaccinated persons and who were subsequently infected had a higher risk of death compared to vaccinated persons who remained infection-free. Importantly, vaccination still provided protection against death in infected persons, and this benefit was observed for the Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, and Janssen vaccines during the Delta surge, although the benefit was greater for Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech compared to Janssen vaccines. Our findings support the conclusion that COVID-19 vaccines remain the most important tool to prevent infection and death. Vaccines should be accompanied by additional measures for both vaccinated and unvaccinated persons, including masking, hand washing, and physical distancing. It is essential to implement public health interventions, such as strategic testing for control of outbreaks, vaccine passports, employment-based vaccine mandates, vaccination campaigns for eligible children as well as adults, and consistent messaging from public health leadership in the face of increased risk of infection due to the Delta and other emerging variants.

(Italics added)

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Vid,

Everyone knows vaccines are no guarantee that you won't catch the virus. If the numbers of hospitalisations are correct, it shows that the overwhelming majority of vaxxed people that are catching it, are NOT ending up in hospital. Therefore, the vaccine appears to be doing its job of reducing symptoms and potential complications, which may be the difference between life and death for many people.

I personally don't care if someone doesn't want to get vaxxed, it's their body after all. For some people, their individual rights outweigh their community responsibility.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

'Australia is a human rights abusing craphole'.

Lol, wow Simon, why don't you tell us how you really feel.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Anon,

I can't comment on what the situation may be in other countries. Here, though, when the term "fully vaccinated" is used, it means having received both vaccine shots. Period!

Booster shots have only just become available in this country, so are unlikely yet to be included in the statistics re. Hospitalisation and / or ICU admissions.

• wozza
    wozza

Terrible that we speak before we think sometimes.

Australia the "human rights abusing craphole" eh .is that why so many have come from all over the world and have escaped those human rights abuses in their old countries you talk about in your ignorance?

I grew up amongst those people post WW2 and I am pretty sure that those that restarted their lives and stayed here prospered here .

This country has made mistakes and I guess like every nation maybe even Canada Simon

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Let's cut to the chase. There's two narratives to choose from.

Get your health guidance from him or one of his colleagues.

Result:

Australian Open

Male tennis player

https://twitter.com/i/status/1480266664067444740

Female tennis player

https://twitter.com/i/status/1482895205351235587

Young ball person

https://twitter.com/i/status/1483018659732029440

I personally follow health guidance from these distinguished gentlemen:

Dr. Robert Mallone

Dr. Peter McCollough

Dr. Michael Yeadon

Dr. Zev Zelenko

Dr. Michael Palmer

To name but a few.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Vid,

Your links prove that you do no research- even on your own topics.

The female tennis player was playing in 2020, during the bushfires and was having trouble breathing because of the smoke haze. It was before covid was even in Australia.

A ridiculous post like yours is pretty much what I personally have come to expect from people that want to find anything they can to prove their viewpoint about the covid vaccine- even if it is crap.

Are u for real, or are u a troll?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Joey jojo, As fact checker perhaps you should publish your facts for us all to see. I see that your right regarding the woman. As for the others, they are confirmed. Actually three dropped out because of heart complaints. As for my previous post, two out of three means a pass rate of over 66%, not too bad:

https://newspunch.com/tennis-ace-nikoloz-basilashvili-drops-out-of-sydney-cup-after-struggling-to-breathe/

To conclude, I wish for you all of the best with your vaccine and your booster shots. As one doctor remarked (after you take your booster): "May God help you." He explains the reasons for his comment.

https://www.brighteon.com/af17161a-7c58-4b38-aff1-7727b94d0f6c

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit