Are You Afraid To Express Your Opinion???

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

I hesitate to give an opinion at times b/c some wise acre will then post out 10 pages of rebuttal . I'm not going to read all 10 pages. While i am open to change my mind, i probably wouldn't if the debater puts me down, implies i am small minded, and so on. Many times i read things and just domn't respond b/c i don't feel like fighting it out on the board. Other times i have given an opinion and either people don't read my posts, or may feel i am not intelligent enough to debate with.

so that makes me about 50/50. is that clear as mud?

• minimus
    minimus

Don't worry, Wednesday. He seems to have calmed down lately.

• gumby
    gumby

I'm never afraid of giving my opinion.

If it's an honest one, and one that isn't going to hurt someone intentionally, then why should you be afraid to give it? If you can admit error when your wrong......then it gets easier giving your opinion as you have nothing to lose.

Gumby

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Minimus,

You've seen my conduct here, what do you think?

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Depends on the circumstances...if the person in front of me blabbing about something controversial and is a toothless moron, then I'll walk away.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I don't mind giving my opinion. The only place I couldn't was the hall and now my honors class seems it's run by a man that doesn't believe woman are very bright and a philosopher on top of that YIKES

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Not at all. Nothing has ever stopped me. If your afraid to express your opinion, I see it as a sign of weakness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit