Are You Afraid To Express Your Opinion???

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you feel intimidated or uncomfortable when giving your opinion? Do you shy away from expressing yourself if you believe that the majority will disagree???

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Hell no!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm very shy and timid. . . .

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am comfortable with expressing my opinion.

• berylblue
    berylblue

joy, you beat me to it.

Actually, no, I learned my lesson. I hurt someone's feelings here once by posting something like the above; it was actually ? Ingsoc party in Orwell's 1984... blaming everything that had gone wrong on the party members who had been purged."f no, you idiot" (in response to did I think manners were a thing of the past), thinking I was the epitome of pith and wit; I don't want it to happen again.

I try to express my opinions carefully but don't always succeed. I have very strong opinions and have zero tolerance for idiots (the irony being, of course, that I can be the biggest idiot of all).

Rosemarie

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I am very shy and easily intimidated, so I don't often express my opinion.

I don't think I could handle having others reject my opinions.

Walter

• free will
    free will

i'm getting over it......slowly.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Sometimes. Example: Tonight one of our new neighbors came over, and we were trying to make him feel welcome to our neighborhood. In response, he started talking about how he was a republican, and how all democrats are nit-wits, pussies, traitors, etc. I happen to be a democrat. I was about to say something, but got "the look" from my boyfriend, and held my tounge. Normally, I would have called him on it, and asked him to be more civil, but because my boyfriend gave me "the look", I kept my mouth shut. So, I guess, I am afraid to express my opinions sometimes, because I'm worried about offending someone close to me. (BTW, my boyfriend is also a democrat, but always wants to keep the peace with everyone.)

• Xena
    Xena
    I'm very shy and timid. . . .

ROFL..uuumm yea...

I try to express my opinions carefully but don't always succeed. I have very strong opinions and have zero tolerance for idiots (the irony being, of course, that I can be the biggest idiot of all).

Rosemary I never thought I would meet anyone more candid than myself...lol but you got me beat...and for the record anyone who allows for the possibility of idiotic behavor is far from an idiot. See I just expressed my opinions Go me!

• Prisca
    Prisca

It depends on the situation. As I've gotten older, I've become less afraid of expressing my true feelings and thoughts. But it also depends on the situation. I generally like to keep the peace, I don't like confrontations, so if I know something I say is going to cause trouble, I am likely to keep quiet so to keep the peace. But if my needs/self esteem/respect is being trampled on, I am more likely to speak up, because I won't let people take advantage of me anymore.

Here on this board I've become more bolder the longer I've been here. Yet having said that, I don't always say what I think, because I know that what I could say would only cause arguments, and I hate being the cause of a online argument. So I keep my mouth shut to keep the peace, and thus refrain from making more enemies than friends (lol).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit