Are You Afraid To Express Your Opinion???

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Generally speaking I am not afraid to voice my opinion, but there are certain topics where I have to hold back. There are certain beliefs that some people have (not talking about religious beliefs) that aren't backed by science and get upset if you express skepticism.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Overall, no...I don't have a problem expressing my opinion. But, before I do so I have to believe that what I'm about to say will have some sort of impact.

I'm not going to fly off the handle on some wild hair just because I can. If it's something I believe in...or something I've experienced and my experience may help someone in the same situation...then I'll speak up.

If I don't know or don't want to get in that hornet's nest...then nope..not talkin'....can't make me.

Lisa

• Mac
    Mac

Well yea!!!!! I'm sensitive dontcha know? mac ;p

• Aztec
    Aztec

I shoot my mouth off all the time! I rarely hold back! I'm willing to apologise when wrong but, I'm not at all afraid to speak my mind! I had enough of censorship in my dub time! I'm gonna wish my friends Happy Birthday and Happy Halloween and all that stuff! I love all of ya!

Some more than others....LOL!

~Aztec

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Often. And it's almost always a good thing. Opinions are like what again? Who has them? Everyone? They really are worthless tripe, opinions are. IMO, opinions serve no usefull purpose to humanity. So, it's always good when I stop and think, can someone call me on this? Can I back this up with facts? If not, is it likely that someone will notice my bluster and try and make me back it up, lol?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Ummm, well, I don't really have my own opinions, if it's not in the Watchtower then it's all just worldly philosophy.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    I'm very shy and timid. . . .

I love you, SP. You are the best.

• minimus
    minimus

Would you be hesitant to express a differing opinion from the majority?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Beryl-

I love you too.

Xena-

You don't believe me?

----

Okay maybe I am a little out-spoken. . . .

• jelly
    jelly

I agree with Prisca, it depends on the situation. I have found some people cannot handle hearing opinions that differ from their own. So in situations where I am forced to have a relationship with someone, like at work for example, I tend to stay away from discussions about religion or politics. I don?t avoid these topics over fear of being ?unpopular? but I am just realistic and realize that I have to work with these people and see no reason to pollute the environment.

So to answer your question, no I am never afraid of stating my opinion but some times I an wise enough not to.

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit