Are You Afraid To Express Your Opinion???

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Most of the time, I'm not inhibited from expressing my opinion....even tho most of the time no one listens anyway.....the only time I feel it's best not to freely express my thoughts is when the person I'm addressing obviously has their head up their butt....and my doing so would be an exercise in futility...

Frannie B

• Special K
    Special K

as well for me.

depends on situation.

special k

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Definitely depends on the situation. When I was a JW, I felt I had carte blanche in expressing my opinion, especially on religious issues. (I used to go off this time of year when all the churches had "fall festivals.") I always express my opinion when it comes to marital situations, and definitely politics (I am turning into such a liberal, my husband is Charlton Heston NRA conservative.)

• rocketman
    rocketman

I try to avoid confrontation, so that means that at times, I will keep my opinion to myself.

• minimus
    minimus

If you don't want to get into it with another person, it's best to keep quiet. I'm not afraid to express my opinion, even if I learn later on that I was wrong. It's a good way to learn and remember.

• Adam
    Adam

I thoroughly enjoy expressing my opinion. Though everyone has to make consessions for who the audience is. I would tell my mother things that I wouldn't tell my best friend and visa versa. At my other board, I'm an admin and have been around a long time and have the respect of the people who post there. Here, I only come in once in a while, I'm not an admin, and I am not as close to the posters here as many of you are with each other. So I feel less comfortable expressing my conservative views here than I do expressing my liberal ones over at my other, conservative, board. But I usually speak up anyway.

• minimus
    minimus

Keep quiet, Adam...........................................................................................................................................................................

• Adam
    Adam

NO LICENCES FOR ILLEGALS!!!

How'd I do?

• Maverick
    Maverick

The older I get, the less I know. There are a few areas I have a strong background in. If asked, I will state my feeling on those matters. If it is ignored or discounted I get a little pissed. Why did they ask in the first place? And when it has been ignored and turns out bad as a result, I have no sympathy. I deal with professionals who look to other professional in specialized fields, it is an insult to disregard a person in his profession, especally if you know nothing in that area.

Now on this board, I answer as an ex JW or a father, or a man, or an artist, or business owner. These are what I know, but those comments are limited to my own slant on things. I learn a lot here and have come to view many here as "professional" and give their comments that respect. I am not afraid to be wrong...as long as I learn to make it right. In this there is no shame. Maverick

• KiraNOTKaren
    KiraNOTKaren

h*ll no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit