Who is your favorite author?

by Happythoughts 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aztec
    Aztec

Okay, my mother actually named me after Ayn Rand....strange thing for a Dub to do but, she thought it was a cool spelling of Ann...LOL!

David Sedaris rocks! I loved "Me Talk Pretty One Day". I couldn't stop laughing when I read the chapter about trying to explain Easter to a bunch of people from differant countries.

My personal favorite is Frank Herbert. In my opinion he's the best science fiction writer ever. I have the entire Dune series arranged in order on my bookshelf. Yes, I'm a dork.

~Aztec nee Carrie Ayn *not giving out my last name*

• shera
    shera

Dean Koontz

And I spell his name wrong...its early

• Hamas
    Hamas

Ray Franz, man. Ray Franz.

BACK OF THE NET

• Angharad
    Angharad

Dean Koontz

Patricia Cornwell

Question for Koontz fans - anyone got any idea when the final part of the Christopher Snow trilogy is going to be out - its been years !!, and the first two were some of the best ones I've read of his.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ang-

I have been wondering the same thing!! Isn't it torture?! I also love Patricia Cornwell, too. You'd probably like Jonathan Kellerman, I'm reading him right now. James Patterson is another good one. All of the are in the same genre.

• talesin
    talesin

Marion Zimmer Bradley, David Morrel, Stephen King, Emerson, Eric Van Lustbader, Dickens

... just a few (there's too many)

tal

• Angharad
    Angharad

SP

I've only read one of Jonathan Kellerman's books; Doctor Death, it was very good. Can you recommend any others of his?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ang-

Most of his books revolve around a central character, Alex Delaware. It's a series so I'd start at the beginning: When the Bough Breaks

• scotsman
    scotsman

Primo Levi & Gitta Sereny

• Vita Nuova
    Vita Nuova

<<<<<---------------------------------------------------------- Dante Alighieri (1265-1321), Italian poet, who composed, of course, the landmark literary achievement, La Divina Commedia, known to the unlearned layman only by its first cantica, Inferno. The Commedia is, by no esteem less than that of The Encyclopedia Britannica, "one of the greatest products of any human mind." I don't mean to compare authors here, but all others must bend their knee to this inspired master.

"Per te poeta fui, per te cristiano." Purg. XXII. 73

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit