What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Reality.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Is Jehovah real? The the Bible is word? If not whats the alternative? I cant see how any thinking person can believe evolution.

How sad. Do you not realize the Watchtower lied about the evidence for evolution? Please watch this video, it is short and easy to understand and shows how different things all point to the same conclusion.

http://www.upworthy.com/this-should-be-required-viewing-for-deniers-of-evolution

Is God real? I don't see the evidence of it, there are way too many things unexplained by the bible account, too many logical fallacies, too many things that could not have happened the way the bible says.

What is the alternative? How about just be a good person? Why do you need a religion to tell you not to lie, cheat or steal? It's not that difficult, really. Find meaning in your life by being good to others and leaving the earth better off because you were in it, raise responsible children, be kind to your fellow man. Why does their need to be anything more?

Look, religion was invented to make people feel better about their eventual death and to scare people into being moral, so it served a purpose, but we know now there is zero evidence for life after death and so much evidence that man has been a long time on earth, much longer than six thousand years. These is so much evidence of it that to believe otherwise is to foolishly close your eyes to the truth. There have extracted DNA from at least two different groups, genetically close to modern man, but not modern man, and this is supported by other evidence This directly contradicts the bible account, and it would be impossible to fake this evidence.

You can believe in God if it makes you feel better, but something is not true simple because we want it to be true or we don't like the alternative.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    No Religion as an alternative. Just accepting Christ as your Ransom and Savior.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    The universe doesn't owe us an explanation.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    As far as I'm concerned, the Universe doesn't owe us squat.
  • Ding
    Ding

I recommend that you get a modern non-NWT version of the Bible (NIV, NASB, ESV, RSV, for example) and read the New Testament without WT literature.

Start with Galatians and Romans.

I think you'll find a much different message than the WT system provides.

They key for Christians is their relationship with Jesus Christ, not what organization they join or don't join.

If you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

People who ask "if not JWs then what?" seem to feel they are entitled to an answer. The universe simply must supply an answer. If you can't point one out, then JWs must be right. Because you can't show an alternative. Um, why?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    LOL, as a matter of fact we do have 2 bibles bought at Chapters. They are of course, the non-JW, which are NIV and the New King James Bible!!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Formerbrother - "I cant see how any thinking person can believe evolution."

Try reading about it from a source that isn't biased against it.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    I can't see how any thinking people can believe in the WT...To be a good JW you don't have to think...you only need to obey and follow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit